Park City help please- Mtbr.com
    bcs

Sep 2006

Park City help please

Gonna be in park city the first week of October. What's the riding like up there? any recommendations for trails?

not sure if i can bring my bike--any recommendation for a shop to rent a good full suspension xc bike?

Any place to fine gps tracks of local trails on the web? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Heaps 'o' good singletrack. Check out utahmountainbiking.com. Have a good trip!
    It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose!

Grizzly
    as said above, utahmountainbiking.com is a great resource.

Cole Sport or Jans will be able to hook you up with a bike. They are across the street from each other, right in downtown PC. They will also have maps.

Not really a bad piece of singletrack up there in PC
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Oct is great in PC

Other replys are right on, just wanted to agree. Great season, Great Trails, Great time. See you out there.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Nov 2005
    Saw your post

I come from N.Ireland every year (6 years) and always take in Park city as part of our annual 3 week US road trip. Spent 8 days their this august the riding is stonking.

Must do's are

Mid mountain
    Wasatch crest
    Flying dog-24/7 , glenwild loop
    Town loop
    Lost prospector

I could go on and on. The other posts are spot on Jans or Cole for a bike but they usually sell out there rentals mid august on so i dont know about availability. After ride, head up to the wasatch brewery for beers then bandits for fantastic ribs.

youll have a blast

Stay fast

Mark

The Tyranical Teabagger
    I work at White Pine and our rentals and high end demos are pretty much tapped but Jans our sister shop should be able to get you dialed for a bike. Ask any one of the shops for trail recomendations and you can pick up a map as well. Flying Dog...great...Mid Mountain if it's still dry...also great. For GPS go to www.mountaintrails.org and on the maps section you can select a trail and wherever your mouse is you'll see the gps coordinates in the lower right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    also buy the $2 mountain trails map, it will help a lot. great recommendations here. I am right in town and the weather is amazing and it is just grogous. I hope the colors are still here for your stay but I speculate they will be...

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by alizbee
    as said above, utahmountainbiking.com is a great resource.

Cole Sport or Jans will be able to hook you up with a bike. They are across the street from each other, right in downtown PC. They will also have maps.

Not really a bad piece of singletrack up there in PC
    Get a map and start riding.. Mid-mountain, Wasatch Crest allow for some serious miles, you can connect deer valley with the canyons from PC in one huge loop. If you have the time and energy, I would do them both, oh yeah, that's right, I did ...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=341821
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    We had a pretty good snow last night, I suspect a couple inches up on the crest...

Members who have read this thread: 0