In Park City on February 13 and 14- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

In Park City on February 13 and 14

In PC on those dates. Sking is so-so and would like to do some mountain biking if possible. Willing to drive up to an hour with bikes. So SLC or Heber are fine. Anyone know of any rides that are doable given warm temps and lack of snow this winter.

Frame Building Moderator

Shoreline

PC is mud. Heber too, I assume. Shoreline in PC or *maybe* CC in Draper are your best bets.

Oh, and Antelope Island.

-Walt

Quote Originally Posted by stenou View Post
    In PC on those dates. Sking is so-so and would like to do some mountain biking if possible. Willing to drive up to an hour with bikes. So SLC or Heber are fine. Anyone know of any rides that are doable given warm temps and lack of snow this winter.

Perpetual n00b
    Up to an hour eh? Come up to Ogden and ride the shoreline north of 12th street. Probably the driest trail in the Wasatch right now.
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks Walt. Appreciate the info. Any preference between the choices? I read on utahmountainbiking.com that CC is doing pretty good. But that doesn't mean the other areas wouldn't be better. i have ridden the trails around Pc quite a bit. I like relatively buff single track like mid mountain, crest and round valley. however, also enjoy Glenwild rides such as Flying dog as well. Any thoughts on suggested rides. Haven't heard much about Antelope island. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    PC is mud. Heber too, I assume. Shoreline in PC or *maybe* CC in Draper are your best bets.

Oh, and Antelope Island.

-Walt

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Where would trailhead be? And what is riding like? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Up to an hour eh? Come up to Ogden and ride the shoreline north of 12th street. Probably the driest trail in the Wasatch right now.

Perpetual n00b

In Park City on February 13 and 14

Quote Originally Posted by stenou View Post
    Where would trailhead be? And what is riding like? thanks.
    There's parking at the mouth of Ogden canyon near the Rainbow Gardens shop. 41.237084,-111.928234

It's certainly not buff trail through aspens and pines which you'll not find at this time of year.

The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    All of shoreline right above SLC is completely dry. You can ride from the zoo past downtown and over the towers into North Salt Lake without hitting a single drop of mud. Word is that Corner Canyon is the same way...though I haven't ridden there since it was covered in snow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It looks like Corner Canyon is drying out fast. Up till a few days ago I would said definitely more riding by SLC shoreline than in Draper. I still think more miles on shoreline...but it could be getting close. Check the thread on utah mountain biking for updates too. ( corner canyon conditions )

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm assuming shoreline is essentially cross country riding? Which is good. So, assuming I start from the zoo area, where do you park? And is navigation pretty easy? Signs, trail maps? And assuming shoreline and CC are both dry, is one or the other a clear choice. And we are looking for cross country as opposed to downhill or very technical riding. Thanks for local knowledge. looks to be a warm day and skiing will be pretty slushy at bottom.

mtbr member
    Go up to Powder Mountain. You can ride the fat bike national championship course Friday, or see the races on Saturday. Hit the shoreline trail on your way there or way home.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    use utah mountain biking to look at maps or trailforks.com
    you can park lots of places, but yes, the Zoo is a good one at one end ( and closest to PC ). not much signage, and trails/roads in all directions which makes it tricky...

maybe this will help, attached gpx - i rode pretty much everything between the zoo and far side of city creek. note that some of it might not everyone's cup of tea...i was going for max effort/abuse. Especially at the start - I took the steepest way up to the roller coaster, and a side trip extra effort that you should probably skip

hope its not too late ....

2015-02-07_13-31-23.gpx.zip