Park City early June?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Park City early June?

Wife and I need to use some timeshare days and are thinking about Park City from June 7th -12th. Is this too early? We would be interested in the XC trails such as mid-mountain or similar. Thanks in advance.
    Mike

Frame Building Moderator
    Midmountain/Crest will probably still be snowed in unless we have a horrible snow year. You'll probably be able to ride some of the lower elevation stuff but I wouldn't plan a trip to PC in early June for the riding if I were you. In fact that is going to be sort of mud season in general still. If you can give it another 2-4 weeks (or luck out with lack of snow) you're golden.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There will certainly be excellent trails ready to ride. All of the lower elevation trails on the east side of park city will be open. Round Valley, Glen wild, Flying dog, the new riverview trail system. I would say your chances on the MMT are about 60/40. There have been years I have ridden MMT in May Its likely the Crest will no be ready that early in june.

Plan your trip and don't worry about the snow. worst case is that there will only be about 200 miles of single track for you to choose from.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am snowboarding here right now and cant wait to return to ride the single track here, this is an amazing place. have fun on your trip if you go

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the info guys. We were able to push it out to June 21 -27, so it should be better...

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. We were able to push it out to June 21 -27, so it should be better...
    Should be better, I've been on the crest that early in the year before but I wouldn't count on it. Even if you can't ride the highest stuff there is plenty of great riding to keep you busy and SLC has some good stuff that dries out before anything in PC to fall back on. Keep in touch with the forums and when you get to town make your first stop one of the shops. They'll have the most up to date info on trails and current trail maps.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?