Park City - downhill- Mtbr.com

Aug 2008

Idea! Park City - downhill

im headin out to park city on the 24th-31st and im ridin solo, just wanted to see if there are any people to ride with or should i just meet people when im riding? also is it a good idea to ride solo on the trails?

i have no clue about the trails and which ones are best ( i did read the forum on some of them though but have no clue where to go ). Im really only lookin to do downhill and am not really lookin to struggle with the uphill since i have a beast of a bike.

any riders? or advice? pm me if your in PC and want to ride

mtbr member
    I don't see any problem with riding solo up here as long as you have everything you need with you. Deer Valley has some really fun downhill. I think it's 28 bucks or so to ride the lift all day.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboater
    I don't see any problem with riding solo up here as long as you have everything you need with you. Deer Valley has some really fun downhill. I think it's 28 bucks or so to ride the lift all day.
    I'm hitting deer valley with a friend tomorrow. I'm going to rent a bike, as I'm here for business.

Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blantonator
    I'm hitting deer valley with a friend tomorrow. I'm going to rent a bike, as I'm here for business.
    that's what I'm gonna end up doing, just do deer valley for 3-4 days then find a couple other trails. how long u there for?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhelmetcam
    that's what I'm gonna end up doing, just do deer valley for 3-4 days then find a couple other trails. how long u there for?
    I'm here for two weeks starting last monday. I've been borrowing my friends wife's bike for local trails, but will rent a downhiller for deer valley.

Aug 2008
    ill be at deer valley from Tuesday till Friday, PM me if you want to ride. ill be ridin solo unless i meet people out there

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ill be at deer valley from Tuesday till Friday, PM me if you want to ride. ill be ridin solo unless i meet people out there
    I hit deer valley today. There were some great runs, but it was real loose. I bit it big on Aspen Slalom, and tore up my forearm pretty good, blood everywhere. I wrapped it up and and did a bunch more runs.

I did learn one thing, i'm not a downhiller... more of a single track kind of guy.

Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blantonator
    I hit deer valley today. There were some great runs, but it was real loose. I bit it big on Aspen Slalom, and tore up my forearm pretty good, blood everywhere. I wrapped it up and and did a bunch more runs.

I did learn one thing, i'm not a downhiller... more of a single track kind of guy.
    nicccceee, what were the best runs there? I just got into town, my car broke down in vegas, and had to rent another car, ****, 13 hours later in here.geez. Ill be doing Deer Valley Wednesday morning, you want to do another day there? Ill do any of the runs, just need a chair lift , i got a 43 pound beast.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    nicccceee, what were the best runs there? I just got into town, my car broke down in vegas, and had to rent another car, ****, 13 hours later in here.geez. Ill be doing Deer Valley Wednesday morning, you want to do another day there? Ill do any of the runs, just need a chair lift , i got a 43 pound beast.
    I liked Homeward Bound. It was real fast with a nice mix of terrain. I'd consider myself a single track rider, and was a little out of place on the real difficult stuff(aspen slalom), especially riding the downhill bike(which i had never done). I would have liked to seen more single black diamond runs, but the blues were very entertaining.

Unfortunetly, I have to work this week, so I'm only going to get some afternoon runs in, with maybe something on Saturday. Plus i don't know if my arm, can take another big hit.

***Caution: Gore below***

Members who have read this thread: 0