Park City / Deer Valley next week...- Mtbr.com
    Team BikeWood

Park City / Deer Valley next week...

I'll be in Park City next week and I was just looking for some advice on the best trails and best tire selection for the area. I'll be bringing my Yeti 575 and I'm staying at the Trails End lodge at Deer Valley. I plan on using the lifts whenever I have enough time to justify buying a lift ticket. Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've been in DV for about 10 days, here for another 10. Rollin Nobby Nics 2.25 UST and loving them here. Trails are dusty and loose, no rain for almost a month.

Check out Mid-mountain Trail, Wasatch Crest, and the new offshoots off of Glenwild Loop (Cobblestone and Flying Dog going counter-clockwise) for the best singletrack around here. PM me for more details if interested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Find time to ride the Mid Mountain trail from Deer Valley to Canyons (25 ish miles) you will love it. dont forget to bring extra water and a couple of spare tubes, pinch flats are common.

The Tyranical Teabagger
    As others have said, Mid Mountain, Crest, and the Flying Dog loop are amazing....cobblestone to flying dog to 24/7 counter clockwise is for sure the best way to do it...don't let anyone tell you differently! Deer Valley to The Canyons is great because you can stop at Redpine Lodge @ The Canyons and have lunch and then continue on the Mid Mountain trail to Rob's and down Colin's to Rt. 224 and ride the road back. It's a long one for sure but well worth it....

Chumley for prez!
    agreed...dry, dusty, and sometimes loose. I am running high roller R, minion F 2.5 UST and this combo works great here. If you want to go lighter, run a 2.35 High roller UST R. I won't really compromise on the minion F, because the 2.35 is like a pizza cutter.

Members who have read this thread: 0