Park City Area This Weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Park City Area This Weekend

Hey guys-coming down from Bozeman for a few days and planning on (hopefully) riding Sunday and Monday. How will the trails be after the rains? What would be a good bet besides Flying Dog?

Also camping in the Uintas tomorrow night--any campground recommendations (views, etc)?

Any new "reasonably priced" food in Park City (or surrounding area) worth checking out. 1st visit in a year or so.

Thanks guys!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    It's been raining for a few days now. Everything is pretty wet. Flying Dog was open, but I'm guessing it's unrideable today (Saturday). If you don't mind some more driving, Both Moab and the St George area are in great shape. I just got back from Moab and I'm heading to St. George (Hurricane-Gooseberry) tomorrow as it looks like the wet weather is here in Park City, off and on for the next 3 or 4 days anyway.

Frame Building Moderator
    Nothing in PC is rideable as of this morning. It is currently raining and I'd be pretty surprised if anything is rideable until mid-week at the earliest unless things really clear up/warm up tomorrow. AFAIK the forecast is for snow, though.

So as MSU suggests, go south. Or hit the climbing gym/natural history museum/bars.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!! In Jackson now--snowed along the way. Guess I will play it by ear late tomorrow and Monday.

Any Uinta Campground recommendations?

mtbr member
    If you drive up into the Uintas from Kamas, there are spots all over the place on both sides of the road. Once you get further up, it's $6 a day, I think

I didn't do it
    I'm guessing it's going to be cold (with snow?) up there in the Uintas through the week. As mentioned above I'd go south if possible.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Frame Building Moderator
    We've got snow/rain forecast in PC, so I'm guessing there is a decent chance the Uintas will get a pretty significant late-season snowstorm. I personally would not plan on camping up there unless snow/slush camping is your thing.

There's a campground near Mormon Pioneer/Big Mtn. that is pretty nice that you could hit up. Some decent little rides from there if the weather cooperates (which it probably won't, sigh). Can't remember the name but a google search will find it.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The TrailHUB.org site was developed to provide current information from trail networks to users to help answer this exact question. The link below shows the 2 areas in Park City using this service but hopefully others will sign on soon. It is free to both users and organizations and is a huge improvement over the spreadsheet like lists so many org's are using today since it updates everything automatically.

https://www.trailhub.org/usa/utah/al...ions?flag=town

mtbr member
    Trailhub is a welcome site, but the "current" info is 4 days old and shows trails dry. Looking out my window, it's raining, and has been for days.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Mountain Trails Foundation - Map

is the best, but even that lags behind real conditions in the Spring (like now). Click on the conditions tab on the top left.

mtbr member
    Man...I'm getting bummed. Will be in town for work Tuesday and demoing a Hightower. Doesn't look like there will be all that much to ride based on some of the links...I've ridden Round Valley before so I don't want to do that again, but I'll be riding out from Jan's without a way to haul a bike. Think Prospector will be ok?
    16 Stumpy Elite 650B

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!!

Sunny in PC now! Any chance Flying Dog would be rideable tomorrow?

Ended up camping at Stillwater Campground on the Evanston side of 150 (road is snowy around MM 39 or so...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'm pretty sure there will be plenty to ride by Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by crushinit View Post
    Man...I'm getting bummed. Will be in town for work Tuesday and demoing a Hightower. Doesn't look like there will be all that much to ride based on some of the links...I've ridden Round Valley before so I don't want to do that again, but I'll be riding out from Jan's without a way to haul a bike. Think Prospector will be ok?