Park City- Mtbr.com

Thread: Park City

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Park City

Whats Park City Bike park like? Plenty of flowy XC stuff?

Any comparison to Mammoth Mountain?

Thinking of heading over from Sacramento area. Wondering also what the drive is like thru Nevada. Never been out that way!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thinking also about taking the longer route and heading to Vegas, then come up that way so we can see Vegas (stay for a night or two), Grand Canyon (if close enough), and the lower Utah area.

mtbr member
    A lot of Dessert but a worthwhile trip imo. St George (first southern utah town) is two hours from Vegas and the north rim of grand canyon is two hours from st george. Great riding in st george and hurricane. Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not only is my short term memory horrible, but so is my short term memory.

mtbr member
    There is a ton of great riding in St George and the surrounding areas of Hurricane and Virgin (think Red Bull Rampage). However, it's been 100+ out there the last week and it won't be getting cooler anytime soon. You'd have to ride EARLY of head up higher to Brian Head and/or Navajo Lake.

I'm no expert regarding the "park" at Park City but I don't remember seeing anything that stood out like they have at Mammoth. I think the Canyon Resort is where most of the "park" guys go. I know my son and his friend stayed there (2) whole days last time we were there because they were bored with the Park City resort. Deer Valley also had some cool structures but I didn't notice any monster gap jumps if that's what you're looking for.

mtbr member
    Park City is primarily lift serviced XC. Deer Valley is more old school DH. Think steep, rocky, loose, with tight sometimes exposed switch backs. Deer Valley has hired Gravity Logic to build an intermediate jump style trail that is supposed to be done mid to late July. It can be a fun mountain depending on what you are looking for. Canyons has several jump trails. There is a lot of trail riding in the area to go with the bike parks.

The proximity of all three plus several other resorts with in an hour give lots of options.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    we did Devo this morning, THAT is old school DH!

mtbr member
    Fun trail. Lots of switchbacks, rocks, and a few tricky sections.

Try upper aspen slalom, then cut over to middle fire swamp at the first fire road. Great combo & misses the rockiest section of fire swamp.