Pads for Moab?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pads for Moab?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Pads for Moab?

A couple of friends and I are traveling to Moab in late September. We are not daredevils, but figure any spills on the slickrock will be painful.

I already wear knee pads, but am wondering about the desirability of some for my elbows, as well.

Thanks for your thoughts.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trkyshootr
    A couple of friends and I are traveling to Moab in late September. We are not daredevils, but figure any spills on the slickrock will be painful.

I already wear knee pads, but am wondering about the desirability of some for my elbows, as well.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    If you are a conservative rider you don't need them. If you ride conservatively at other locations and crash once in a while then you need them. I crashed on Porcpine Rim once doing a high speed section. It cost $500 to get an 1 1/4" forearm slice stiched up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the word, Traildoc, I've got a set on the way. I went with The's Storm, and hope that they won't be necessary!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I came back with both elbows banged up. I should have worn pads.

Pick a wheel size...
    I say wear pads.

I busted my elbow up in Wisconsin this spring...I've been out to Moab before and yes, if you're conservative you should be fine, but there's infinitely more rock in Moab than there is in Wisconsin, so by my logic, I'd wear some friggin pads!

BTW, I'll be in Moab the first week of October...with pads.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks, guys.

I've recently received my the Storm elbow pads. They're ugly, and not as comfortable as my Fox Launch Pro knee pads, but seem like they'll do the job. Again, I hope they prove unnecessary.

26 days to Moab!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you do UPS/LPS, etc, i'd strap on some shinpads. Both times I've ridden it I picked up a good size rock from the front tire to the shin, hurt for a week.

Members who have read this thread: 0