OT - Looking for a good SLC or Park City trail run- Mtbr.com
    I am Walt

OT - Looking for a good SLC or Park City trail run

Hey Utah MTB'ing peeps...

I'm a very avid rider in AZ - mostly 29'er SS on my Unit 2-9. I also have a RIP9 for those lazy days... My wife is an avid roadie.

Anyways, we will be in Salt Lake City this coming weekend and are looking to go out for a nice trail run on Sunday morning. We'll be staying downtown, so anything within 30 minutes of downtown would be great.

Thanks for any input.

waltaz
    Ride more; post less...

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I really like running up in Mill Creek.

Drive up into the canyon a few miles past the guard gate to Burch Hollow.

See map here -> http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/index.htm

Run up the trail head at Burch Hollow hang left at the intersection (head East) up the canyon. To Elbow fork. At Elbow fork, cross the asphalt road and climb up the trail over to the opposite (south) side of the canyon. This trail will lead you to Terraces which is just a couple mins run on the road back up to Birch Hollow to finish. Nice trails, rarely crowded in the evening, fun run and a pretty easy loop to follow.

I am Walt
    I should add that we'd be looking for a trail run of about an hour, and steeps and elevation don't bother us...anything is better than the desert heat right now...112 today
    Ride more; post less...

Bend, OR
    BST up Dry Creek is nice.

Waiting for Godot........
    Jul 2006
    follow millcreek up the canyon until it ends into two small parking lots. park in the first, go up the trail to dog lake. nice ride, shady, forest, lush and some climbing, go farther to desolation lake, more climbing and views.

most trials go the same way. to dog lake or great western trail. signs everywhere.

have fun

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Muller park.

Its in the shade. Closer to downtown then anything other then the BST like 10-15 min drive. The grade is enough to make it hard, but no so much its stupid hard. So thats where I run. 6 or so miles to the top.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Members who have read this thread: 0