hcor enthusiast

options for 4-5 day jaunt to Salt Lake City

so a few of us crotchedy northerners are looking to have a boys weekend this year (date TBD), cursing (some of us, anyway) our impending 40th b-days. the trails of the SLC are on the short list, but what i am curious about is:

- are there direct flights into the area from major cities (ie, boston, philly, cleveland, LA)?
    - if so, is it much of a drive from the airport to the hotbed of trails?
    - is there a desireable center location from which the goods can be gotten to?
    - any decent trail guides around, or do you need local knowledge?

any help is appreciated.

thanks
    We are to blame because our culture has come to value two qualities above all else: “cheap”, and “more”.

The Sentinel

I'll take a shot...

since I'm rather crotchety myself!

Direct flights - Yes. Delta has a hub here, so lots of direct flights. LA, Dallas, Atlanta + other Delta hubs.

Drive to trails - 20-30 minute drive to most local trails. Park City being about 30 mins from the airport. Wasatch trails on the west side are considerably closer.

Central location - SLC isn't that big of a city. Anywhere in the city is central to the trails.

Insider info - www.utahmountainbiking.com has trail lists, pics, and GPS coordinates. There's also plenty of locals around. If you decide to venture north a little, the Logan and Ogden areas have some nice trails too. See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by <NARLUS>
    so a few of us crotchedy northerners are looking to have a boys weekend this year (date TBD), cursing (some of us, anyway) our impending 40th b-days. the trails of the SLC are on the short list, but what i am curious about is:

- are there direct flights into the area from major cities (ie, boston, philly, cleveland, LA)?
    - if so, is it much of a drive from the airport to the hotbed of trails?
    - is there a desireable center location from which the goods can be gotten to?
    - any decent trail guides around, or do you need local knowledge?

any help is appreciated.

thanks
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Members who have read this thread: 0