Ogden area trails after the rain- Mtbr.com
    over researcher

Ogden area trails after the rain

Are there are any Ogden area trails that are fine to ride this soon after a rain? North or South Skyline? Perhaps some of the NE of Pineview Reservoir? I don't have a road bike, and my wife and kids are out of town. The trails behind my house are sticky clay when it's wet. Advice, other than flyfishing? Thanks.

http://www.weberpathways.com/trails_map.asp?search=yes&searchField=all

Roy

KAH
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Bonneville is dry. Anything facing west will dry quickly (in the summer) if the rain stops early enough in the morning. South Skyline should be fine today.

over researcher
    It socked in a few minutes ago on my side of the mountains. It actually cleared up and was sunny, and I was thinking of seeing if Skyline could sustain a ride. However, I'm sure it's getting pounded on right now. Gosh, I'm bored.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    BST was good last night but after that downpour it might need a few hours in the sun. It's pretty much sand and rock and gets hammered by sun and wind so it drains really well. I'd be very wary of anything that is more "dirt" in nature. I know the Snowbasin trails were still pretty wet last weekend and probably need a few days of dry / sun to shed some moisture.

Members who have read this thread: 0