Official 2015 Utah Trail Conditions Thread- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Official 2015 Utah Trail Conditions Thread

Let's have an ongoing thread where people can share intel re: trail conditions. My usual online sources like the Trailforks and Mountain Trails interactive maps and the Basin Rec google spreadsheet are often not fully up-to-date. There's a similar thread in the Colorado forum that has a ton of useful info and I think it would be a good idea here to keep similar discussions in one thread that people can just add to as the conditions change throughout the season.

I'll start: as of last night (5/29) Round Valley area in PC was mostly dry, I think I rode through 2 small puddles coming down Nowhere/Somewhere elks side. I avoided Rusty Shovel as it usually takes an extra day to dry out. Lower UOP trails were also mostly dry, definitely rideable.

Your turn!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    PC was great today. Road Armstrong, mid mountain, Jenni's, and loose moose. All in amazing shape. A few very small wet spots in the really shady areas, but nothing to worry about

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    There's also a great group on Facebook called Utah Mountain Bike Trail conditions - it's a pretty active site and you can usually get updates pretty quickly

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I rode Corner Canyon yesterday afternoon (Saturday 5/30). Rode Lower Corner Canyon from the Equestrian center, Canyon Hollow, Rush, and Creek View. Everything was good except, surprisingly [to me at least], Rush still had some mud here and there at the upper parts. Most of it could be avoided, though a couple spots were covering the width of the trail. I figured something that exposed would dry out quickly but I guess not.

mtbr member
    Mid Mountain in PC is totally dry from Silver Lake lodge to the top of Payday at PCMR. A little more washed-out than normal due to how much rain we got recently but not too bad.

Perpetual n00b
    Kaysville BST and Bikers Edge loop. Not even the worst of it.

The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Holy crap dgw, those are some WWI quality trenches. Guess that's what happens when we get an entire winter's worth of precipitation in like 3 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Anyone rode the Crest yet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    That initial climb from the wilderness park to the kaysville BST has been a braided washed out mess for years. They have built a single track reroute around that section.

The loop in the wilderness park was in great shape until May. Now its starting to wash out too in spots. Honestly, it seems like whoever is building trails up there doesn't have an incinometer or maybe just thinks the trails don't need water bars because Utah.

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by trom View Post
    That initial climb from the wilderness park to the kaysville BST has been a braided washed out mess for years. They have built a single track reroute around that section.

The loop in the wilderness park was in great shape until May. Now its starting to wash out too in spots. Honestly, it seems like whoever is building trails up there doesn't have an incinometer or maybe just thinks the trails don't need water bars because Utah.
    I did take the singletrack reroute around that section and it too is losing the battle with erosion. The Bikers Edge loop you speak of is supposed to be getting some maintenance this weekend or next, I can't remember which (second hand info from wife). I have no idea how they plan to fix some of the issues there. You can't really de-berm a trail on the fall line. Also, there is a water bar on the BST where the water has eroded the dirt away from underneath it.

Because Utah. I like that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilskoda View Post
    Anyone rode the Crest yet?
    Pinecone Ridge is still listed as closed on the Basin Rec trail report so Crest almost certainly needs some time as well.

Perpetual n00b
    North Fork Park is in excellent condition right now. Mule shoe really needs some traffic!

New segment of trail at the bottom of Cutler Flat. It's a blast!

mtbr member
    I rode up Sweeny's and John's today and back down for a quicky. It looked like you could make it to the top of Tommy Two Step and try for Shadow lake that way.

Of course, now it's been raining hard for the last three hours up here!
    Last edited by MSU Alum; 06-06-2015 at 09:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Ogden overlook trail is in good shape. there is one soft spot, but the rest of the trail was in great shape as of friday.

mtbr member
    Park City got pounded pretty hard with rain yesterday but got a fair bit of sun this morning. Round Valley was mostly dry as of midday, probably a half-dozen mud puddles that required a dismount to avoid leaving ruts. Heard that the mid-mountain area soaked it up nicely and was pretty much good to go as well. A few potential showers in the forecast but I think as long as we don't get heavy rain overnight, tomorrow should have some nice tacky dirt.

mtbr member
    Went up Sweeny's-John's again today and then up Tommy two Step to Keystone (there, found a little water, but not bad) and then up a short distance on Shadow Lake Loop to a small snowbank that people are walking around. I stopped there, but it looked like you could make it to the ridge on the dirt road from the Lake. Went down to Jenny's and Loose Moose and all was pretty dry.

Edited for update: I think this thread can be put to rest until about mid-September. Everything is now good to go.
    Last edited by MSU Alum; 06-14-2015 at 04:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Rode MMT from Deer Valley to Canyons yesterday, with a bonus loop detour up around Iron Man and down Goldfinger. There were a half-dozen or so fallen trees on Goldfinger, mostly grouped together after the 3rd or 4th switchback. Just a heads up for anyone riding in that area so you don't nearly clothesline yourself like I did!

Perpetual n00b
    Green Canyon in Logan is good except for the section from the fence to the wilderness boundary. That section is seriously overgrown.