O.T...what to do with a 5 year old?- Mtbr.com
    Yes, that's fonetic

O.T...what to do with a 5 year old?

I've had a ski trip planned (and paid for) for months, have a free condo in Park City, paid vacation time, son's on spring break...but I understand the conditions kinda suck. Any suggestions on what to do for a week with a 5 year old in the area other than skiing mashed potatoes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

sarcasm

1. Get him baptised and send him off on a mission.
    2. He could start looking for his first 3 wives.

Or you could take him out for a bike ride in the excellent biking conditions that have existed in the valley, that are predictred to end today.

Have fun
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    1. Get him baptised and send him off on a mission.
    2. He could start looking for his first 3 wives.

Or you could take him out for a bike ride in the excellent biking conditions that have existed in the valley, that are predictred to end today.

Have fun
    (Ignoring the sarcasm header)

We're not LDS or that'd be my plan.

I won't have a bike or gear. He's into dinosaurs, I know Dino N.M. isn't too far away...anything there for little kids? I think the 5+ hr drive to Arches is a bit far. I do know the area just a bit, Sibs went to U of U and U State way back and I lived in southern Utah for 4 years back in the early 80's and spent a fair amount of time in SLC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

There us a dinosaur museaum

In SLC down south just off I-15 at like 11 or 12, 000 south. I was there for a bike race once but did not go inside cause i think dinosaurs are scary.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    In SLC down south just off I-15 at like 11 or 12, 000 south. I was there for a bike race once but did not go inside cause i think dinosaurs are scary.

....oooooooookay

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    There's Clark Planetarium at the New Gate Mall. It has IMAX, laser light shows, etc.

Andykiller

Have you considered the black market?

Maybe sell the kid on the black market and make a little cash for some extra beer money. On the other hand, more snow is on the way and if the conditions are a bit slushy in Park City, head to Snowbird or Alta. Up at snowbird, they probably have a child care/day care for the kids.

Enjoy

Members who have read this thread: 0