mtbr member

Northern Utah - Mid April Options?

Visiting the SLC area in mid-April, hoping to get a day of riding in. Any suggestions on where to ride?

I've been scoping out the Wheeler Canyon and Sardine Peak trails, seems like it may be an option, provided there's no snow.

Any tips are appreciated...
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfisher1971 View Post
    Visiting the SLC area in mid-April, hoping to get a day of riding in. Any suggestions on where to ride?

I've been scoping out the Wheeler Canyon and Sardine Peak trails, seems like it may be an option, provided there's no snow.

Any tips are appreciated...
    Sounds like you will be in the Ogden area, if that is where you'll be wheeler may be an option but Sardine will more than likely still have snow. (And wheeler by itself would not be exciting) Your best option would be the BST starting at 12 St and either going South towards Weber State or heading north to North Ogden. Another option this time of year is Antelope Island which has some good riding earlier in the year before the bugs come out.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Bonneville Shoreline Trail (BST) was bone dry from the Zoo to Bobsled today. Some of Round Valley in Park City is dry as is the climb from Old Ranch Road.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    There is 4 days of rain coming on Friday, going to soak everything to the bone again. No clue what it will be like 2 weeks out, typical for Spring in Utah.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I live close to and ride the Wheeler/Art Nord trails frequently. I am planning on checking the Art Nord trail head some time this week, I will let you know how they are. Sardine was still snow and mud earlier this week, I heard a few horseback riders may have been turned around at the Maples campground, but I'll try to get over that way as well.

To add to what Go-deep posted, Coldwater Canyon is in great shape, as is the bike park and BST North Ogden 1, 2 and 3.

Depending on what day you had planned on riding, if you are going to be in the Ogden area I would be happy to meet up, I'll probably be riding anyway.

mtbr member
    Thanks all... I'll do some digging into these areas.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Lower elevation trails are drying quickly. Many have or getting close to the point where they only need a 1/2 to full day of sun to dry out after a rain. Nobody has mentioned corner canyon yet, but it is the best low elevation trail network in the SL Valley. Post again a day or two before you get here and let us know where you're staying. I'm sure folks will give you the current conditions for trails near your locale. Unless it's actively raining (or been raining) there will definitely be some good options.