Northern Utah Fat Guys...Let's ride on Saturday!- Mtbr.com
    The Sentinel

Northern Utah Fat Guys...Let's ride on Saturday!

Hey fat guys! Let's get together for a ride this weekend. I'm not talking about you tall clydes, or those with a few extra pounds; I'm talking about the waaaay under-tall guys. I'd love to ride with some folks this weekend, and I'm tired of getting my butt kicked by the skinny guys. I'm in Tremonton, but I can travel from Logan to Provo. PM me, or leave a response here..let's ride!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Oct 2004

fellow Utard

I also am afellow fat boy who enjoys riding. I am from Orem and only wish I had seen this post last week, for I was in Tremonton Saturday visiting relatives. This saturday may not work but interested in future rides.

Oct 2004

Good job!

I also am afellow fat boy who enjoys riding. I am from Orem and only wish I had seen this post last week, for I was in Tremonton Saturday visiting relatives. This saturday may not work but interested in future rides.

Jul 2004
    Me too.... I am in Fairview

Who's that guy?
    Argh! I need to check these forums more often. I would have been able to ride with you on Saturday morning. I noticed you posted on UtahMTB as well. Sorry I missed it.

As it was, I had a GREAT ride on Friday and a muddy and wet ride today. Not too many days left of good riding so we need to take advantage of them. If you want to try for next Saturday morning, there are a couple of trails in Logan Canyon that stay 'hunter free' during the hunt....mostly.

Do I classify as a 'fat-guy' though? I am over 200lbs but I am kinda tall. I bet I am still slower than you.

Dave

Slow and steady gets you...7th place.

"Hey! Where is everybody going??"

The Sentinel

Okay, let's resurrect this thread!

It looks like the Shoreline Trail in Ogden and probably Antelope Island are melted out, or will be by this weekend. Any of you fat guys want to get together this weekend for a slow, creaky-kneed, get the rust out ride?

Jan 2004

Antelope is DRY, DRY, DRY . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    It looks like the Shoreline Trail in Ogden and probably Antelope Island are melted out, or will be by this weekend. Any of you fat guys want to get together this weekend for a slow, creaky-kneed, get the rust out ride?
    I rode the White Rock Bay and Lakeside View trails last Sunday (27 Feb) and this Saturday (5 Mar), and both trails were dry and dusty. If the weather holds, I plan on heading back out there this Saturday (12 Mar) about 10:00 am-ish.

I don't know about the Shorline Trail in Ogden. I'm too new to Utah to even know how to get there. I have a map and will search it out sometime soon unless somebody wants to play travel/tour/trail guide and allow me to tag along!

PM or email me if interested. I live on Hill AFB, so Antelope is close by.

BTW, I'm 43 years young, 148 lbs and getting extremely thin on top. Do I qualify as a fat boy or just an old_bald_dude?

Hope to see some of you on the trails. I'm getting tired of riding with all my friends (me, myself, and I).

Chris

I Just Ride....

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by CruzinJapan
    BTW, I'm 43 years young, 148 lbs and getting extremely thin on top. Do I qualify as a fat boy or just an old_bald_dude? Chris
    I'd say that qualifies you for the old bald guy more than anything..
    Which is OK!

Welcome to Utah.
    From the sounds of it, we both probably have a closet full of the same clothing items.
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

Who's that guy?

I'm in

If there is a trail that is in rideable shape...count me in.

Just let me know when and where to meet up.

I am so freakin sick of winter in Cache Valley. It still gets down to 20 at night and barely above freezing during the day. I still have two feet of snow on my deck!

Can you tell I need to ride a real trail?

Let me know...

Dave

The Sentinel

Let's do it!!

Okay, I've got the okay from the wife, and my 15 year old son has invited himself along. I made him promise to ride slow, and not leave me behind! Anyway, 10:00 a.m. works for me too. Let's plan on riding the Shoreline Trail in Ogden, and meet at the 22 St. trailhead. For those unfamiliar with the trailhead, go to Harrison Blvd in Ogden. (From the north, take the 12th Street exit off I-15 and drive towards Ogden Canyon. From the south, get off I-15 in Farmington on US-89 and head north. A couple of miles after you pass under I-84, turn right onto Harrison Blvd, just as US-89 turns westward to enter Ogden.) On Harrison, locate the street of your trailhead (22nd St.) and turn towards the mountains. The trailhead is at the top of 22nd St.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62

Jan 2004

Rode the trail today!

Thanks for the GREAT directions. I made a road trip yesterday to find the trailhead. No problems. I didn't bring my bike, so I just waked some of the trails to see what they are like. While wandering around, I came across a drop and some small jumps that somebody has built just up from the parking area. The drop is about 6 to 8 feet (maybe). You know how big some things look when you are short fat guy. After checking out the bike trails, I decided to see what Indian Trail was like. I ended up walking to about the 5500 feet level before I hit too much snow and ice to venture on. I certainly didn't want to wind up rolling down the hillside onto Highway 39 and getting smashed by a car.

I went back today with my bike and rode the southern portion of the trail. I decided to venture up Taylor Canyon, but ended up walking the bike up to about 5200 feet. The ride back down was nice though. I ended up riding about 7 miles today. I couldn't believe how much climbing was involved! Maybe I can hang with you folks on Saturday. If I end up too slow for you, don't worry, I can find my way home. That's what GPS is for.

I was thinking about heading north on the trail, but couldn't figure out which trail to take once I crossed Highway 39. Take a look at the pic and tell me which path to take.

After finishing today's ride, I went back up Indian Trail to get some pictures since I didn't have my camera with me yesterday.

Here are a few pics of the drop and the super dry trails. I only found one or two spots that were slightly damp. Still nothing to get you or the bike muddy. My ride is pretty dusty now, much like my legs.

I'll see everyone at the trailhead Saturday morning at 10:00. I'll be the one driving a blue Ford Escape with a red Superlight hanging off the back.

I live on Hill AFB, so if anybody in the near area needs a lift, email me. I can put one more bike on the back and one on top.

Happy trails!

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Who's that guy?
    Great pics, thanks Chris.

I am so jealous now. Up in Logan it is still nothing but snow.

If you guys are cool with me tagging along, I will see you tomorrow. I'll be in a black Honda Civic.

I Just Ride....

Good job!

Condidtions look good!
    HHMMMMMMM....
    Brian
    My MTBR Gallery
    From a Zen proverb

I Just Ride....

We the people ... For The Record...

Just in case anyone wants to know..
    I drive a white Dodge, with a black Stump in the back...
    My MTBR Gallery
    From a Zen proverb

The Sentinel

And an amazing ride it was!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the fat guys that came out to the ride last Saturday. It was great to meet you all, and put faces to the names. I'm going back this week and I'm gonna clear those doubles! Thanks everyone from the fattest of the fat!