NO MORE RAIN!!?!?! Please??, Pretty Please?- Mtbr.com
    I Just Ride....

NO MORE RAIN!!?!?! Please??, Pretty Please?

I don't know about you guys, but I have had enough of the rain!
    I know we need it along the water starved Wasatch Front, but I think we have plenty now.
    I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

get up n jump
    I'm with you man. Last ride was nearly 2 weeks ago in Moab. Riding down there makes waiting for this rain to stop all the worse. All these pictures of Fruita and such are killing me as well. Looks like a break in the monson for this weekend. But what do weather people know?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Isisrider

rain, rain go away!!!

I am waaay tired of the rain! I am just lucky that this last winter I finally bought a road bike, and that is just about all the riding I have done this spring, besides Moab about a month ago. But I am ready to hit the dirt, or mud.

quit praying for rain, for a while.
    Isisrider

Jan 2004

Good job! Sat/Sun should be great for riding

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I know we need it along the water starved Wasatch Front, but I think we have plenty now.
    I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!
    Brian
    Brian,
    The rain is about done for this week. Tomorrow the trails will dry out; the shoreline trails usually take a day or less to dry out. Sat/Sun should be warm and sunny; perfect for riding. I'll be there sometime on Sunday for sure. Maybe, Saturday too. I'm not sure what the wife has scheduled for me on Saturday yet. Maybe, I'll see you there?
    Chris

Dr. Pepper drinker

I'm ready for summer...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!
    Brian
    Like the rest my last ride was Fruita about 3 weeks ago. Other than that I've just been cruising the streets trying to keep my legs in decent shape in case this monsoon ever lets up. Sounds like this weekend may be a go but we just bought a house and I fear I might be stuck painting instead. I cringe at thinking how long it's going to be before the high elevations are good, crest is probably under 10 feet of snow still.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Aug 2004
    we need rain to melt the snow

mtbr member
    I usually I love rain and snow but I'm with you at this point. Enough allready, I need to go play. Overall, it has been just what we needed, The lakes will be full for wakeboarding, the golf courses are green and should stay that way and the wild flowers will be out to add to the already spectacular views on the Utah rides. This will be a great summer.

DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzinJapan
    Tomorrow the trails will dry out; the shoreline trails usually take a day or less to dry out.
    Probably more, considering the saturation level of the ground. I sympathize with the need to pedal, especially with the weekend upon us, but the BST is showing signs of people hitting it way too soon after a soaking, e.g. at the top of Dead Deer Hill. No point in giving the anti-MTB folks any more trail damage ammo than need be.

Bobsled is gonna be wet (which is fun!), but you really can't rut it, so hit that if access routes are firm. Someone built a little jump over the bog at the bottom, which is fun to hit with LOTS of speed. You can clear the whole messy, wet section.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by potatohead
    we need rain to melt the snow
    I guess the temps have been the big problem, rain in the valley doesn't do us any good when it's still dumping snow all over the mountians. I guess it's only a matter of time but I'm getting pretty anxious. Maybe another Fruita trip next weekend, we'll see.

Luddite technophile
    No kidding. It's not so much the rain right now that bothers me - it's the continued accumulation of snow in the mountains. I don't think we'll be on the Crest trail until mid-July.

I'll be on the road bike today - I'm still skeptical that BST will be sufficiently dried out. Lots of reckless riding going on on BST - turning singletrack into doubletrack and even tripletrack in places. Pretty soon it's going to look like ATVs were up there.

I Just Ride....
    Quote Originally Posted by SprungShoulders
    Bobsled is gonna be wet (which is fun!), but you really can't rut it, so hit that if access routes are firm. Someone built a little jump over the bog at the bottom, which is fun to hit with LOTS of speed. You can clear the whole messy, wet section.
    That sounds FUN!
    Not sure I'd make it or do it, from what you are saying.
    Thanks for the update Bri!
    Bri
    Ride On?
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

Dr. Pepper drinker
    seems to be raining again, great