Night riding SLC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Night riding SLC

I just got a light and went for a few night rides and it is sweet. I went on a farily popular trail in the daytime and didn't see anyone at night. Is night riding that popular in SLC where are some good rides? I figure it would be more fun to ride in a group.

Talentless Hack

It sure is...

that much fun. I work at the U and if you're close we could do some riding. I was introduced to night riding a few years ago and night during the fall is now my favorite time of the year to ride.
    IB1

mtbr member

If you're an early riser....

Myself and a buddy are night riding (well, morning riding) Mueller Park twice a week. We leave the trailhead at 4:15 AM sharp. Turnaround and head down time is 5:25, as we need to be to work by 6:00. It's a blast! Lots of deer, mice, skunks and spiders. Next scheduled ride is this Thurs. (9/20) if you are interested. Be at the trailhead at 4:00.

Talentless Hack

Wow...

that's early! I don't even get out of bed till 6. If you're at all interested in an evening ride let me know.
    IB1

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yeah that is way early! I live in Bountiful so I ride Mueller all the time.

mtbr member

Corner Canyon

Lots O niteridin going on in CC. Wed and or thu night at the Equistrain center in draper at 8:30 there is usually a good group of us.

Aug 2007

Good job!

I can't wait for the snow to start falling... night riding in a couple of inches of snow is awesome. It takes any trail you've ridden a hundred times and makes it feel new again...like you're going 100 MPH. (not just in the snow; but night riding in general).

I'm on Hill AFB, and I work during the day. I just got my night rider HID light going again, and would love to hook up with some folks on a night ride too!

Members who have read this thread: 0