New Trails Website- Mtbr.com

Oct 2005

New Trails Website

Over the last few months I've been developing a multi-user website featuring trails in utah, including topographical maps. Check it out at www.utahstrails.com. Its built using Macromedia Flash and membership is free. Let me know what you think and any questions that you have.

shaved yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by netfire
    Over the last few months I've been developing a multi-user website featuring trails in utah, including topographical maps. Check it out at www.utahstrails.com. Its built using Macromedia Flash and membership is free. Let me know what you think and any questions that you have.
    what's up with the pop-up blocker?

Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkey
    what's up with the pop-up blocker?
    The trails viewer comes up in a different window using pop-up blocker like technology. However, if you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer, the page will detect it and load the viewer in the same window. I suggest that you allow pop-ups for our site, espically if you are on a lower resolution monitor setting, but the site should work fine either way. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You should put up a key that explains what each of the trail colors mean (singletrack, paved, doubletrack, fireroad, etc.). Pretty cool site though.

Oct 2005
    Excellent idea. Here's the current color key:
    Paved - green
    Unpaved - red
    Backcountry - yellow
    Skiing/Snowboarding - blue

Do you, or anyone else have any suggestions of where I should place the key. I am also working on the possiblity of putting a weather forecast for the area you are viewing somewhere on the viewer, so any suggestions on where I could put that would be appreciated. Also, since there are only a few trails right now, I could change the types of the trails to include singletrack, doubletrack, fireroad, etc. What other types of trails are there? (not just mountain biking types)

Oct 2005

New Map - Salt Lake Valley

Today I finished getting a map of the Salt Lake Valley ready to put on UtahsTrails.com, it is now live and covers most of the valley. I've also been working on some other features that should be ready soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0