New Trails Being Built in Draper!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New Trails Being Built in Draper!!

I previously heard a rumor that Draper was building some new trail this spring but nothing was confirmed. So when I was ridding the Draper race course yesterday. I ran into a a Draper City Trail Official (or whatever you want to call him). Anyway here is the new scoop.

As of yestersday they are building a new trail from the the middle of fire road(in-between Clarks and Ghost) the trail is on the right and it is already being cut (dozer was cutting it when I was talking to the guy.) The trail is 3 miles long and will spit you out at the bottom of Ghost somewhere. It is designed for Horses and animals as they are going to BAN them from Ghost Falls trail.

NEXT TRAIL:

They are also in the process of Flagging a new trail that will be a Bike & Hike only trail. It will be also around 3 miles and will somewhat be like Clark. No word on the completion of this trail.

Looks like draper is going to be flowing with some more great trails soon.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Draper is awesome. Seriously.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yeah, I am super stoked to live in Draper with how friendly they have been to trail building. Dr. B, when is work going to start on the second DH trail? I rode the the DH on Friday night, it was like rush hour. It's awesome to see so many people out riding though, shows that there is a need for more DH trails in Salt Lake.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    Draper is awesome. Seriously.
    Indeed. I wish Ogden / Snowbasin could step the fvck up. There's so much dead sexy and totally unused land out there it's just wrong.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by radnasty
    Indeed. I wish Ogden / Snowbasin could step the fvck up. There's so much dead sexy and totally unused land out there it's just wrong.
    I concur with radnasty, we need something in ogden!

mtbr member

Ditto on Draper... and Ogden

Well, I guess the 'ditto' is on a few things:

1 - Draper is cool they've allowed DH only
    2 - Draper is cool they're building more user specific trails, for all (bikes, horse folks, etc)
    3 - Maple Hollow DH is getting slammed! It's cool to see but a bunch of us are going up tuesday eve to do maintenance. Come out and help if you can (from 5:30 til dark)
    4 - I heard the new corner canyon trail will be bike-only, one way (downhill) but more XC oriented? Anyway, I think it's all cool
    5 - There is some stuff for the FR/DH scene going on in Ogden, check with the Bikers Edge trail crew for the latest updates and go help them with their build days

Not sure when we'll be marking in the black diamond trail in Draper, we need to get the first one 'officially' opened before we start on the next one!

I think Draper DH will be continue to be very popular but even more so since it's dry and other things either are wet or snowy still.

Members who have read this thread: 0