New Trail at Red Butte- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

New Trail at Red Butte

Those of us forced to ride in the low country after work now that it's getting dark earlier and earlier can now enjoy the new section of trail at Red Butte Garden: Thorn Country.

This beautifully rerouted section just north of the Red Butte Gardens entrance that leads to the parking areas behind the new dorms, Thorn Country is a .05 mile section complete with construction, pavement, painted arrows (Moab style), skills section (hard hat area), and littered with thorns.

Doing my part for the Utah biking community, I've just completed about 15 minutes of trail maintenence picking up a handful of thorns with my tires. It was hard work, but someone has to get out there and do it.

Seriously, if you're heading from Hogle Zoo across and over to Dry Creek, tread lightly in this area and the section just to the north of the construction fence. If you're running tubeless with Stan's you'll probably be ok. The rest should pack a couple of spare tubes and plan on some extra ride time.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Good to see the City is finally recognizing our need for more Tire Popping.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Good to see the City is finally recognizing our need for more Tire Popping.
    I heard it had something to do with the current mayoral race. Supposedly one of the candidates was planning a heart felt TV ad with their family riding comfort bikes in the dirt and another candidate, who shall remain nameless, sabatoged the planned route.

Overall, the Utah Mountain Bike Community (UMBC) benefited with a sweet new section of trail burley enough to take out a pair of Maxxis Minion DH tires.

Don't forget your armor....

Members who have read this thread: 0