New Trail off Mid Mountain at Pinecone intersection- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

New Trail off Mid Mountain at Pinecone intersection

New trail off Mid Mountain at Pinecone intersection.

Anyone know what it is, where it goes? Seems like maybe a high traverse above MM heading towards Canyons/The #@[email protected] Colony.

mtbr member
    Are you talking about the old mid mountain before they roached it up with the current alignment 10 years or so ago? Maybe they're going to resurrect it? It's rideable still, tho I don't think many people do. Dead ends now over in the Colony.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    I've wondered about that "trail" as its gotten more and more burned/stomped in over the last couple of years. While I haven't been on it, looking at a map suggests its a cheater route to get from the Pinecone intersection over to the Iron Man trail without having to deal with all those pesky rocks and elevation change of the MM and Iron Man trails north of the Armstrong intersection of MM. More likely a cheater route headed south on MM towards the Canyons. But I'm just speculating.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke View Post
    Are you talking about the old mid mountain before they roached it up with the current alignment 10 years or so ago? Maybe they're going to resurrect it? It's rideable still, tho I don't think many people do. Dead ends now over in the Colony.
    Yeah, I think it just accesses the Colony. It's been there a while...unless you're talking about a different trail.

mtbr member
    Most of what is now Iron man used to be mid mountain. Where iron man switches back to climb further up ( before dropping down) the old mid mountain went straight through the pass and continued to traverse over to where the pinecone start is. This was a beautiful section of trail, much missed but rerouted to make way for a few homes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Trail off Mid Mountain at Pinecone intersection-2800e808-1aad-4eb7-b1b7-b92a6e6216e6.jpg  

I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Yeah, I think it just accesses the Colony. It's been there a while...unless you're talking about a different trail.
    Yeah, just looked at satellite imagery and you can see it is the old-old MM heading towards Ironman/Colony. Dead ends in some new monster home/development thingy.

Just interesting because it used to be barely visible but seems like it is getting more and more traffic.

carry on...nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I rode past that intersection a couple months ago, and it was obviously being recently used and not neglected.I was surprised.