New trail in Jeremy Ranch?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New trail in Jeremy Ranch?

I just rode up what I think people call the Moose Hollow Trail (this part's not new)...don't really know if that's the name....there are signs that say Moose Hollow, Swithbacks and Avenues.

Starting at the dirt road in Jeremy that goes out to Mormon flats, if you ride a few hundred yards back toward the Jeremy Ranch Golf clubhouse, you come to a very steep trailhead...none of this is new, this trail has been around for years...it climbs up, finally, past what look like cell towers on the hill overlooking the interstate, to a point where you can overlook the golf course half way down the interstate.

On the way back down, past the towers, on the right side is an obscure trail that climbs up about 30 feet or so, then starts down to Moose Hollow again. I think this section is new this year. It's about a mile or so of extremely fun downhill with lots of air opportunity. Might want to give it a try. The climb is brutal, but worth it.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboater
    I just rode up what I think people call the Moose Hollow Trail (this part's not new)...don't really know if that's the name....there are signs that say Moose Hollow, Swithbacks and Avenues.

Starting at the dirt road in Jeremy that goes out to Mormon flats, if you ride a few hundred yards back toward the Jeremy Ranch Golf clubhouse, you come to a very steep trailhead...none of this is new, this trail has been around for years...it climbs up, finally, past what look like cell towers on the hill overlooking the interstate, to a point where you can overlook the golf course half way down the interstate.

On the way back down, past the towers, on the right side is an obscure trail that climbs up about 30 feet or so, then starts down to Moose Hollow again. I think this section is new this year. It's about a mile or so of extremely fun downhill with lots of air opportunity. Might want to give it a try. The climb is brutal, but worth it.
    I think some of the freeride crowd has been building that trail for a while...I could be wrong. Seem to remember a lot of posts about Moose on this forum last year not sure if that's the one?
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

mtbr member
    It had "Basin Recreation" signs on it, I think.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Moose Hollow that I know of is at PCMR and is also downhiller skid trails/terrain... Not on the maps...

mtbr member
    I'm not familiar with the Moose Hollow at PCMR, but here are a few pix of the one in Jeremy Ranch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    If it's the one that loops you back to Moose Hollow, it's called Avenues. Another of trail builder Bob's creations. I believe It's on the 2008 MTF map.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Actually, The Avenues trail is managed by Bob and Basin Recreation, but it was built by the same guy who did Flying Dog, Mid-Mountain, Glenwild, much of Round Valley, Empire Link, and about a hundred more miles of trail around Park City.

mtbr member
    I know the trail you are talking about, and what it is called. PM for information...

mtbr member
    It's a beaut!
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

LCD
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It is a good one. Troy got the rhythm right for once.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anybody care to fill me in on how to find this secret trail? I've spent a couple days bushwhacking with my bike and haven't had any luck.

The other day I started at the Moose Hollow Trailhead right before the dirt road, and then stayed on Moose Hollow until I got to the second street crossing (the one after the gate on Hidden Cove.) At that point there is a sign that says "Switchbacks" and if you go a little down the lane there is a sign for "Avenues." It seems both these trails dump you in pretty much the same place. More towards the top there's a sign for "AC's Rogue Trail" that connects with the Avenues trail.

Like I said, I've explored just about every possible off-shoot and deer path and can't seem to find this trail. Do you keep going once you reach the towers or turn around... and then what?

This trail is making me crazy... although I did find some fun stunts some kid built in his backyard. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Pm me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Playdeep
    Pm me.

Later in the week I may PM both of you to ride it...Joe
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Please do... I am down to ride tomorrow if anyone's interested.

mtbr member
    Rats!! I looked outside this morning...continuous drizzle. And snow? (Man, this global warming isn't working out like I thought it would.) This isn't a trail that's good, wet. If we aren't done for the year, and it ever dries out, I'll PM you guys.
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by a.d.85
    Anybody care to fill me in on how to find this secret trail? I've spent a couple days bushwhacking with my bike and haven't had any luck.

The other day I started at the Moose Hollow Trailhead right before the dirt road, and then stayed on Moose Hollow until I got to the second street crossing (the one after the gate on Hidden Cove.) At that point there is a sign that says "Switchbacks" and if you go a little down the lane there is a sign for "Avenues." It seems both these trails dump you in pretty much the same place. More towards the top there's a sign for "AC's Rogue Trail" that connects with the Avenues trail.

Like I said, I've explored just about every possible off-shoot and deer path and can't seem to find this trail. Do you keep going once you reach the towers or turn around... and then what?

This trail is making me crazy... although I did find some fun stunts some kid built in his backyard. Thanks for the help.

It sounds as though you have made it to the towers, correct? You go through a gate onto the dirt road to the cell towers. As you come to the towers, stay to the left side of the towers, you'll see a narrow singletrack. Take it around the towers, back onto the gravelly road where you go left (uphill). Tht will lead you to the left a bit...just continue on this trail. After a while, you'll come to a large boulder on the right (if I remember correctly) and a trail will fork to the right. Go right. (If you go straight, you'll hed downhill toward the Mountain Dell Golf Course.) This will wind up at the overlook that is in the picture above. Turn around here and return. I'm told that if you go down toward Mountain Dell, you can fork right at some point and get to Big Mountain Pass (I think that's what it's called) and hook up on the right side of the parking lot to The Mormon Trail and the dirt road back to Jeremy.

Playdeep might be able to explain this route better than I. I can't remember the trail names.
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by a.d.85

Today's ride.
    Started in Jeremy Ranch near the dirt road at the bottom. Climbed up to the Moose Hollow area past the gate on the right and up the single track. This takes you up onto a paved road where you turn left. I went up the first right (Switchback not The Avenues) and climbed up to the point at which you go left on a double track/old dirt road.

Continuing up as it starts to get steep, there is a single track that goes off to the left (with a small white square sign) and joins into the Avenues. I didn't go there, but continued up the double track...(you will pass a sign on the left on this section to a singletrack, ACS connector...on the way down, take this singletrack for a fun downhill section) ...eventually, this will drop you through a gate onto a right turn on a gravel road to the towers.

As you approach the towers, stay left on a short section of singletrack, go around the towers and turn left onto another short gravel section, then left onto singletrack again. This will continue on until you get to a large, head high boulder on the right, after which there is a singletrack to the right. Take this right, it will eventually lead to an overlook.

Rest, then go down the way you came, turning right onto ACS Connector until it drops you onto a paved road (which you crossed on the way up) turn left on the road, and then go back down the trail when you get to it.

Hope this helps.
    It was a good ride...glad you guys didn't show, as I was weak as a puppy today and I would have slowed you down!
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

Members who have read this thread: 0