New trail in the Herriman area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

New trail in the Herriman area

I was out goofing around on my mountain bike on Sunday and I found a new trail that looks to be a Mountain bike Trail in Herriman. It had a sign that said foot traffic and mountain bikes only. The trail was located at the end of Juniper Crest Road off of Rosecrest Road for those of you that know the area. It was dusk and I didn't get to ride all of it, however it looks like it's several miles long in the foothills on the south side of Herriman, heading through the foothills towards the west. Other than Yellow Fork Canyon there's not much riding out here, I'm hoping that they eventually do a trail system similar to corner Canyon in the foothills of Herriman, it seems like there is plenty of room. But I did a search of Herriman's website and Google and couldn't find anything out about the new trail. Does anyone know anything about this trail?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Over on utahmountainbiking.com there is a thread with more info on this trail, as well as planned new trails. Here is the link... UtahMountainBiking.com ? View topic - New Trails

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Oh, and I'm yet to try it out myself, but would like to. Was it dry? I'm sure YF Canyon is still very muddy with the occasional snow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

New trail in the Herriman area

I'm interested. I live in herriman and haven't been biking until this season. So I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the trails out here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    [QUOTE=SLCJSJ;11088431]Over on utahmountainbiking.com there is a thread wit
    h more info on this trail, as well as planned new trails. Here is the link...

Thanks for the info SLCJSJ. I rode it to a dead end. It ends right now up a small canyon by blackridge res, but they had trees marked for where the trail will continue. It was dry but very rough riding (thank goodness for full suspension). If it gets smoothed out it will be a fun little trail. The switchbacks are a little tight however. It looks like there may be a trail over by Blackridge as well, so I will try and check that out as well. I'm off tomorrow, but snow is in the forecast (gotta love Utah springs).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Try Yellow Fork canyon in a month or so. It is a fun trail and has a little challenge to it on the uphill, and a fast fun downhill. Its one of my favorite trails and its close.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EEZ123 View Post
    Try Yellow Fork canyon in a month or so. It is a fun trail and has a little challenge to it on the uphill, and a fast fun downhill. Its one of my favorite trails and its close.
    Yeah, I ride YF all the time, great trail. Not quite the options that Corner has, but it's more of a challenge (ie. steeper), and is 100% less crowded. I'm Fallopius over on the UTMB link I sent you, and my avi pic is taken from the very top of the big loop in YF.

Sounds like the Herriman trail needs some tires on it to smooth it out. I'll go check it out when I get a chance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yea if Herriman got serious about it they could have some great trails. Corner canyon is awesome and they are always adding new trails. Plus its one of the few options in early spring. If you ever want to ride yf together PM me and let me know. Ill do the same. I have Thursday off every week, so I ride a lot on Thursdays.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EEZ123 View Post
    If you ever want to ride yf together PM me and let me know. Ill do the same. I have Thursday off every week, so I ride a lot on Thursdays.
    Sounds good, I'm always up for a new riding partner. I usually ride early mornings before work, or Saturday's. I'm sure we can make something work.