New to SLC. Whorring myself OUT!- Mtbr.com
    Lev
    You Guys Riding?

New to SLC. Whorring myself OUT!

Hi all,

I just moved to the area. Looking for some new peeps to ride with. I was wondering what the word is with local rides and whatnot. This heat is brutal, but Park City seems to be OK. Anyone interested in welcoming a newbie to the area? All replies are much appreciated! Thanks and I look forward to meeting some new Utes

Best,
    D

mtbr member
    welcome i ride alot in pc,im going to st george this weekend but pm me and we can ride next week..about where you live and times you can ride etc.....

biking is fun
    im always up for a ride
    we are going to i street (dirt jumps) tomorrow morning if you want to come check it out.

i ride 4 times a week and if you want to come just pm me. i usually ride in the mornings or late in the evenings.
    i mostly freeride/dh but i do an xc trail once or twice a week to keep me in shape

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Thanks friendly Utah folks. I will definitely get in touch with you guys through PM. I checked out the Bonneville Shoreline Trail today and it was sweet. I'm definitely not in mountain riding shape quite yet (coming off a month long knee injury), but I'm looking forward to getting back into it in a big way.

Let me know if there's any group rides to keep an eye out for. I'm a 9-5er during the weekdays, but I can go before or after work and certainly on the weekends.

Looking forward to meeting some new Utes

DL

...a wiggle theres a way
    im always up for a ride, work a different schedule than most but im free Monday-Wednesday anytime.

welcome to the lovely state of utah. w

where did you move from?

joe

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy
    im always up for a ride, work a different schedule than most but im free Monday-Wednesday anytime.

welcome to the lovely state of utah. w

where did you move from?

joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I just moved from Philly. Used to live in CO though, so I'm familiar with the eastern side of UT. I'm excited to be back in some real mountains and would definitely be interested in hooking up for a ride. I'm an 8-5er, but I can bring my bike with me to work. I'm up at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Rides can probably depart right out the back. Lemme know...

David

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I just moved from Philly. Used to live in CO though, so I'm familiar with the eastern side of UT. I'm excited to be back in some real mountains and would definitely be interested in hooking up for a ride. I'm an 8-5er, but I can bring my bike with me to work. I'm up at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Rides can probably depart right out the back. Lemme know...

David
    I'm cool with hooking up for a ride sometime as well, typically try to get in a run up Millcreek or on the Shoreline during the week and then a good ride or two on the weekends. If you've become addicted to Philly cheesesteaks in your time out there you need to get acquainted with Moochies, great sandwiches.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

biking is fun
    hello everyone in this thread,
    come ride bobsled tonight and then hit up some dirt jumps at i street. its a good way to meet some of us locals
    pm me if you want to come
    we are meeting at 7 at the park at the bottom of bobsled. let me know if you need directions

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    hello everyone in this thread,
    come ride bobsled tonight and then hit up some dirt jumps at i street. its a good way to meet some of us locals
    pm me if you want to come
    we are meeting at 7 at the park at the bottom of bobsled. let me know if you need directions
    Would love to (probably just watch that jump session and take some pics) but I've got my parents in town the rest of the week, thanks for the invite though, maybe next time.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Looking forward to meeting some new Utes DL
    We prefer "Utards"

JMH

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I was gonna start my own SLC newbie thread but I'll just piggyback on this one.

Just graduated college and moved here from "god's country" (indiana). I live down in Sugarhouse around 2100 S & 600 E. and currently have no job or friends and am looking for both (looking harder for the latter.) Anyone out there down for riding/climbing/drinking/giving me a job, or whatever else you crazy Utah people do. I promise i am not an ******* or anything once you get to know me, regardless what other people say. As I said before I am "job hunting" which lends itself a pretty flexible schedule so hit me up.

Sep 2007
    Hello, just moved here from socal. I have been riding solo for a long time would love to find some cool poeple to ride with. I mostly ride xc, preffer the rocky/rutted trails. I like dh/fr stuff but do not have the bike for it. I can ride weekends and during the week before 1pm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by a.d.85
    iding/climbing/<b>drinking</b>/giving .
    Oh man, don't say that in Utah, then you'll never make friends.

Aug 2007
    I am new to the area too; I'm up in Layton at Hill AFB. I need a few new friends to ride with too. Just got back on the bike after being stationed in [email protected] Florida for 4 yrs.

--Rob

bike-wrench

mtbr member
    hey rob, i live up here in L-town, too, and ride fairly often. let me know if you want to meet up for a ride. i've been doing a lot of snowbasin during the week and park city on the weekends. kinda new to forums so it might take me a few tries to figure this out.

Members who have read this thread: 0