New Must Ride Trails in Moab?- Mtbr.com
    Pick a wheel size...

New Must Ride Trails in Moab?

Hey guys... heading to Moab the first week of October. It will be our 8th time there in the last 8 years (group of 6 of us).

Group is intermediate to advanced skills. Most of what will hold us back will be conditioning, ha!

Must-ride is TWE as we have a couple noobs with us. Also will hit the Amasa area for Ahab.

Other than that, we have another full day and a morning/early afternoon I'm looking to fill with rides.

We've done Mag7/Portal, Brand Trails, Sovereign, Pipedream, Poison Spider, Slickrock, Bartlett's... I know there's been trail building activity since we were there last in 2014 so just looking for input on what's out there.

The Klondike Area looks pretty cool....

Thanks!

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    There is a lot of riding in the north and south Klondike area. Much to explore there. Also Navajo Rocks! I like to park at the middle TH and descend Ramblin, going east. Great drop on slick rock! Mostly an upper intermediate ride there but Klondike has a lot of rock challenges.
    MTB blog for US West trails: http://jimprestonmtb.com. Trail analysis videos, bike and component reviews, other stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Agreed, Klondike and Navajo Rocks are the next logical choices.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Navajo Rocks is a fun area, I like riding it counter clockwise starting on the east end starting on Ramblin>Big Mesa>Big Lonely>Coney Island>Rocky Tops...

Can also turn it into an epic lolly pop loop by Starting at Monitor and Merrimac which is a whole other slick rock playground worthy of checking out, can spend all day riding around and exploring...the slick rock areas between the Monitor and Merrimac buttes is really cool

Heres a detailed map/route of my ride...check out google earth to zoom in on the area and you can see better the route I took

also in the La Sals...
    Moonlight Meadows> Clark Lake> Boren Mesa> Squaw Spring> Hells Canyon

-enjoy

mtbr member
    Moab Area Trails
    Covers Moab on the initial page.
    Under the "News" drop down, select "Newest trail reports". Should give you a chronological update on what has happened since 2014. It covers all of Utah, so you'll have to look through the reports.
    As for conditioning, the good thing about Moab trails is that it's low elevation...only about 4000 feet! Though the top of TWE is a grunt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    Navajo Rocks is a fun area, I like riding it counter clockwise starting on the east end starting on Ramblin>Big Mesa>Big Lonely>Coney Island>Rocky Tops...

Can also turn it into an epic lolly pop loop by Starting at Monitor and Merrimac which is a whole other slick rock playground worthy of checking out, can spend all day riding around and exploring...the slick rock areas between the Monitor and Merrimac buttes is really cool

Heres a detailed map/route of my ride...check out google earth to zoom in on the area and you can see better the route I took

also in the La Sals...
    Moonlight Meadows> Clark Lake> Boren Mesa> Squaw Spring> Hells Canyon

-enjoy
    I want to do that Moonlight Meadows to Hell's Canyon route next week when I'm there. Trail forks or mtbproject have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I want to do that Moonlight Meadows to Hell's Canyon route next week when I'm there. Trail forks or mtbproject have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yep the route is on there, to be fair I haven't done that ride yet but its on the list of next to do....would be awesome to get more singletrack up there to link together some big loops.

looks like it would be a shuttle but also looking at pedaling it as a loop leaving the car at the bottom of Hells and pedaling up LaSal Pass rd to Forest 4X4 rd 970 to right on Brumley 4x4 969 to FR 0068 and then FR 071 to the top. could be a miserable loop though

Keep on Rockin...
    Like you mentioned, Amasa/Ahab.

I might completely content doing TWE in the am, Amasa/Ahab in the pm every day for a whole week trip. I had that much fun on those trails. Double sessions, with the shuttle in the am was perfect.