New guy from Price, looking for guidance. :)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New guy from Price, looking for guidance. :)

How goes it MTBR,
    I'm the new kid, and I'm as green as they come.
    My name is Brad, and I'm from Price. I've been a dirt-bike guy my whole life, riding & racing in the deserts of Utah. It's only been fairly recently that the idea of picking up a mtn. bike has crossed my mind, and to be honest...I honestly haven't ridden any style of pedal bike since I was a kid. However, I'm sincerely looking forward to seeing what this side of the two wheeled world has to offer...along with building relationships with many of you.

Until yesterday I technically didn't even own a bike yet, as my local shop just placed an order for my bike sometime over the past week or so...but that all changed earlier today when I got a phone call to come pick up my 2014 Specialized "Rockhopper Comp"!!! I'm not really sure just how 'serious' I should anticipate getting with this whole MTB thing yet, as I have another passion/activity that consumes the majority of my time & money...more than anything I'm just hoping riding a Mtn. bike can help get me back into shape and keep me involved on two wheels, now that my time on a motorcycle is starting to come to an end.

Please forgive me seeing as how this is only my 3rd post ever, and I haven't had a chance to browse through previous topics yet...but with that being said I'm a complete & total NOOB to this scene. What kind, if any advice can be offered & recommended for a guy like me who wants to 'get his feet wet'...but just isn't too sure how to go about getting involved in the community and start enjoying my new bike to the fullest (I'm pretty scared & nervous). Anyway, thanks for hearing me out...I'm looking forward to exploring the forums a little more and getting to know a few of you guys & girls better!!!

New guy from Price, looking for guidance. :)-10525756_10152192193764109_382000903952983926_n.jpg

Perpetual n00b

Re: New guy from Price, looking for guidance. :)

Price huh? You are one lucky fellow.

The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Price huh? You are one lucky fellow.
    Yeah man, don't get me wrong...growing up in Emery County I'm very familiar & fond of the scenes spread throughout 'Castle Country', and have explored much of it on my dirt-bike's over the years. But that being said, it's going to be a completely different experience pedaling through the surrounding country...as opposed to screaming through it at 50mph or more on my KX.

Perpetual n00b
    The Goodwater canyon and Luke's trails are tight and twisty enough to give you a sense of speed. The trail at Goodwater can get pretty close to the edge at times.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    The Goodwater canyon and Luke's trails are tight and twisty enough to give you a sense of speed. The trail at Goodwater can get pretty close to the edge at times.
    I haven't verified this yet, but my local shops owner is pretty much the driving force behind all of the single track trails and all other things MTB related in the Price area...I know I've over heard him mention "Luke's" before, and I'm almost positive he's the president or chair of the 'Price Single Track Society'. I'm sure before long I'll be introduced to all of these local trails before long, I just hope that I can hack it long enough to enjoy it.

Perpetual n00b
    Luke's and Goodwater are pretty flat so you should be OK aerobically.