NEW DATE! AF Canyon Trail Work Day – Sat, June 27th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

NEW DATE! AF Canyon Trail Work Day – Sat, June 27th

It looks like things are finally going to start drying out, so we're a GO for Saturday the 27th!

DATE: Saturday, June 27th (note the new date)

TIME: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM

LOCATION: Mud bog section of the South Fork Little Deer Creek Trail (#252). The work area is about .65 miles down from where #252 crosses Cascade Springs Road near the summit. The distance is roughly the same whether hiking from the top or the bottom (Mexican Flat) crossing. The approximate GPS coordinates for the re-route are 40* 26' 13.35" N x 111* 36' 40.12" W.

BREAKFAST: Yep! URMB will be providing a continental breakfast: donuts, bagels, fruit, and something to drink.

PARKING: At the turnout at the top of Cascade Springs Road (Hwy 92 junction) or in the turnout off Cascade Springs Road where South Fork Little Deer Creek crosses (Mexican Flat area) the road about 1.5 miles down from Highway 92.

WHAT TO BRING: Lunch, water, work gloves, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent. All tools will be provided by the US Forest Service.

WHAT TO WEAR: Long pants/jeans, work shoes (no sandals or flip flops!), and a hat. The temperature can change throughout the day, so a light jacket or long sleeve shirt may be helpful as well.

CARPOOL: Due to limited parking, we’re encouraging participants to carpool up to the work site. I’ve got room for a few. Contact me directly if you’re interested.

GATE FEE: There is no fee to drive up and park while you're working with the trail crew. If you're going to stay on afterwards and ride / hike / motorcycle / horseback / picnic / camp, you'll need to pay the $6 fee. As you pull through the pay shack, stop and let them know that you're a volunteer working on the South Fork Little Deer Creek trail reroute project working with URMB and Cheryl Butler from the US Forest Service.

RSVP: PM me here or email me at urmb [at] urmb [dot] com. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at (801) 400-3886.

Great care has been taken to ensure that this trail, including the re-route, will be accessible to ALL user groups.

For ICUP racers, this is a great way to accumulate those critical 2009 trail work points.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The south section of the South Fork Little Deer Creek Trail #252, from Cascade Springs Road to the summit will be closed this coming Saturday 6/27 from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The closure is due to the reroute that will be taking place half-way up the trail at the mud-bog. If you are planning on riding this route Saturday, you'll need to pedal up or down the road to bypass this section. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's only for a day.

Members who have read this thread: 0