need skinny on Labor Day rental sales in Park City area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

need skinny on Labor Day rental sales in Park City area

Haven't done it a few years, wonder if DV and others are selling their rental fleets. Yes, I could call around, just so many rental shops I thought I'd ask the experts here...thanks

Fragglepuss The Chaste

I shaved my balls for this...again...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbiker
    Haven't done it a few years, wonder if DV and others are selling their rental fleets. Yes, I could call around, just so many rental shops I thought I'd ask the experts here...thanks
    I think you need to start eight more of the exact same Threads spaced evenly, every 4.3 days and not actually call any shop yourself.

Then we'll have a Thread where everyone who didn't respond can post shots of their sweet new rental bikes they purchased over Labor Day.

I don't blame you for not calling though. Those knowledgeable High School kids most bike shops hire over summer break are worse than the shunning/service you'll get at the DMV. Deal with them when you buy your bike, then at the DMV, then they'll be the ones selling you a Jazzy when your knees/testies disappear inside you and you've lost your hearing. Just a vicious life cycle that starts at the bike shop. They're just evil.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Dude, don't call me Dude.

*sigh*

Private Message: dude!
    2 Hours Ago
    Hyperbiker
    mtbr member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can't tell if you're flaming me or thanking me! Everyone knows the rental fleets are for sale. I have friends who now ride thanks to those sales. totall agree with you on the shops, I got ripped off by Highlander Bike, total idiots and I'm glad to tell every single biker they suck....bikes for sale are everywhere, I'm not trying to hurt any sales...DV types have to survive too

I realize your first Thread was a huge success and I'm not getting on your case for wanting any of us to relive the experience. But you might recall this from two days ago: https://forums.mtbr.com/utah/labor-day-sales-utah-543764.html

Haven't checked in a few years, I know the resorts/shops especially in Park City area sell off their rental bikes ...wondered if anyone had any recommendations for this year for great deals on a FS bike...

Thanks
    I don't think you'll actually be hurting anyone's sales unless you start stealing bikes.

I tell ya, Alzheimer's a b!tch though. I'd get that checked out.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Save your money, buy a fixie

I wouldn't be worrying so much about used DV bikes as I would be about being the first kid to do a track stand in the middle of an intersection downtown during rush hour on your Mini Cooper fixie.

If you've ever rented a Farabee Jeep down in Moab you know how bad rentals can get. The same smelly, untipping, flat footed German tourists make their way to Deer Valley eventually and squander their rental fleet. Ever seen a complete set of shifters on a DV rental bike? How are they breaking those anyway????

Anyway,

Don't be left behind. Join the revolution.

Mini Cooper Fixie’s Launching October 8
    posted by Editor - August 7, 2009 - 9am EDT
    Cooper Bicycles will unveil their rigs on October 8 with the launch of their website and simultaneous debut at the Earl’s Court Cycle Show.

They’ll start taking orders then for delivery in January 2010. Still no pics of the bikes
    …(so secretive).

You know I've already purchased tickets and a suite near the Earl's Court Cycle Show.

And you should too.

Yep.

At least this time you have 3 responses to your Thread. You can thank me later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

good point!

sorry I didn't see my post from a couple days ago! The onset of pleasant dementia!?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    sorry I didn't see my post from a couple days ago! The onset of pleasant dementia!?
    I've had that once or three times. Not quite as bad as sars or swine flu, but you'll want to get it checked out. Eventually it'll spread and you'll turn out like me .

Sad, I know.

At least my mom still loves me.

Actually, she doesn't.

Still haven't heard of any sales.

Members who have read this thread: 0