Need help on Moab trip planning...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Need help on Moab trip planning...

Some NC boys need some help.

Me and a couple of buds are trying to plan a mtn biking trip out to Moab for this fall. What company would be best to book with for a good guided tour of the area. Considering a rafting combo, but our main concern is mtn biking. Looking for a 4 day trip.

So who should I call?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    www.moabworld.com

Check the forums and links there. There are also about 20 Moab threads on the first page of this forum, but I don't think any of them deal with rafting...

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by gmoss
    Some NC boys need some help.

Me and a couple of buds are trying to plan a mtn biking trip out to Moab for this fall. What company would be best to book with for a good guided tour of the area. Considering a rafting combo, but our main concern is mtn biking. Looking for a 4 day trip.

So who should I call?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks, but I was really looking for some info on guided tours, so we don't end up desert crispies. Do any of the local bike shops do tours?

mtbr member
    Moab Cyclery is the place to go. They run tours out of their shop with a company called Escape Adventures. You should check them out. The owner, Johnny, is one of the nicest guys in town..
    Also, the Moab Cyclery runs completely on solar energy, and all the escape adventures vehicles run on vegetable oil.. so they are the only shop in town that is "off the grid"
    Just another reason to support them.

As far as the rafting goes, I would try to hook up with a company that will take you on Westwater canyon. It is the most exciting 1 day trip in the area.

Andykiller

An Answer

You also may want to check with Rim Tours or Western Spirit. Both companies are good at what they do, but they may cost a bit of cash. Most trails you can do on your own without tour guides. Get a trail book and meet up with the other riders that will be on the trail.

Chow

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks, I have spoken with Rimtours and the White Rim tour sounds real appealing. Money is not an issue and we really would like to not have to worry about where we are going to ride next since we have limited time out there. Also, if something breaks out on the trail, we will have support.

Andykiller

White Rim is Awesome

If you can arrange to go on a White Rim trip that is supported by a guide company, you are doing it right. The White Rim is an awesome ride, and well worth the money and time.

If you have time after your White Rim tour, hit up a few other trails in Moab.

Have a good one.

Andykiller

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    That's what I wanted to hear!! If we have time, we will definitely seek out some other trails. I appreciate the info and insight.

Later,

Garrett

Jun 2006
    If you're looking for something else fun to do in Moab, consider canyoneering. I am a guide for Desert Highlights and our trips are a blast. You'll definitely see areas that you couldn't see any other way. Not trying to spam, just suggesting a fun activity that a lot of people don't know about.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the info Big Blue. I will propose this to my buds and see what they want to do. We are going to be limited to 3 or 4 days, so we will see. I like options though.

Members who have read this thread: 0