Need Advice: Planning Last Minute Trip to Moab Next Week- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Need Advice: Planning Last Minute Trip to Moab Next Week

I've had a last minute change to my upcoming ski trip in SLC, (my buddy bailed out of the pre-skiing Vegas trip). So I'm thinking of stopping in Moab on the way to SLC instead (driving from Phoenix).

Since this trip is next week, I'm scrabling to make decision and book things now, so I appologize in advance if this stuff has been covered here before (as I'm sure some of it has).

Weather - it looks like the norms are in the 40 - 50's this time of year. Is this the type of weather that I should expect next week (or is there somethign different going on this year; i.e. warmer or colder than normal)

Clothing - since i'm from AZ, i'm gotta admit I have no clue as to how to dress for 40-50's riding, any advice? I have arm & leg warmers and a light Fox jacket. Is this enough?

Trails - I've found lots of info on the trails online, but the I cant seem to find any GPS files (gpx). If anyone can send me a link to those I would very much appreciate it. Also are these safe enough to ride by myself this time of year? I'm an intermediate XC guy, so I wont be riding anything too hard.

Gear - Any good recommendations on where to rent an XC rig and hitch mount rack.

Hotel - I'm looking for a higher end hotel with nice ammenities. Any recommendations? Is the Gonzo Inn a good choice?

Thanks and I'm open to any and all input you guys might have.
    -- Rob.

mtbr member
    The weather is about normal for this time of year.
    Don't plan on riding to early in the morning and you should be fine w/ your arm and leg warmers. Maybe a jacket just in case.

Talk w/ any bike shop in town for specific trail conditions and how to get there. Everything is pretty well marked so you won't need GPS.

All the LBS rent bikes, but no idea if they rent racks.

Is there such a thing as a "higher end hotel" in Moab?

Members who have read this thread: 0