NE utah- Mtbr.com

Thread: NE utah

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

NE utah

Are any trails starting to open up anywhere in or near NE utah yet?
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

St geroge and Moab.

Those are near NE utah right
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    Those are near NE utah right
    Actually those two are Southwest and Southeast.

If you check out www.utahmountainbiking.com and look under the Vernal area trails, there are quite a few in that area. Also you could check the website for the local Vernal shop Altitude Cycle. I think they have a bunch on area trails as well since they are the ones who created most of them. I know there are some trails in the Flaming Gorge area as well.

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fleegman
    Actually those two are Southwest and Southeast.

If you check out www.utahmountainbiking.com and look under the Vernal area trails, there are quite a few in that area. Also you could check the website for the local Vernal shop Altitude Cycle. I think they have a bunch on area trails as well since they are the ones who created most of them. I know there are some trails in the Flaming Gorge area as well.
    Fleegman, while you are perusing the internet, maybe you should look up "joke", "humor", "sarcasm" or "tongue in cheek". After that, go back and read Pedalfaraway's post.

As for the trail conditions and whether they are starting to open up, I would guess that they need another 4 weeks or so before they are not snowy/muddy.

Stay On The Trail
    Oct 2006

Vernal/Northeastern Utah Ride Information

The most comprehensive trail information for the Vernal/Northeastern Utah area can be found at:

Utah Singletrack

This includes current trail conditions, FREE trail maps, and directions to all of the trailheads. In early April there will be trail maps for some new trails including Hell For A Hotdog, Mr. Burns, and Pamela. You will not find this information anywhere else.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz
    Are any trails starting to open up anywhere in or near NE utah yet?
    I haven't ridden in the local trail here (Vernal) since December. Diving past them early last week (Tuesday) it looks like the McCoy Flats area is relatively free of snow and probably ridable if you go out early in the morning before the ground thaws. The Moo Area is probably even more free of snow but probably still muddy. Again fine if you go out before it thaws.

It was very warm last week and had a ton of snow melt since Tuesday so that's good. The probably is that it's been warm enough that some morning, the ground is thawed out by 830am. I'm chomping at the bit. I give it about two weeks would be my guess (unless we get rain or snow).
    Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruinane
    I haven't ridden in the local trail here (Vernal) since December. Diving past them early last week (Tuesday) it looks like the McCoy Flats area is relatively free of snow and probably ridable if you go out early in the morning before the ground thaws. The Moo Area is probably even more free of snow but probably still muddy. Again fine if you go out before it thaws.

It was very warm last week and had a ton of snow melt since Tuesday so that's good. The probably is that it's been warm enough that some morning, the ground is thawed out by 830am. I'm chomping at the bit. I give it about two weeks would be my guess (unless we get rain or snow).
    Awesome, it sounds like I might be able to get in some riding once I get done with my time in Wyoming.
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz
    Awesome, it sounds like I might be able to get in some riding once I get done with my time in Wyoming.
    If you wanna ride together, pm me.
    Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see!

Members who have read this thread: 0