Name that trail (Moab Area)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Name that trail (Moab Area)

Hi

I'm heading out to Moab this April on a trip from the UK while planning my trip I found this picture - which I think is somewhere near Moab

Can anyone put a name to this trail and say where it is located ?Name:  moab.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  73.6 KB

Cheers

Zinger-uk
    My out of date MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

More Chasmism
    Looks to me like the dobies on the south side of Hwy 128 roundabout Red Cliffs Ranch. That's sorta near the entry into Castle Valley. Not sure about the legality or land ownership issues that would be an issue there; there is no "official" trail there that I know of, but I could be wrong.

I'm only about 80% sure on my guess.

hfly

Edit: Make that 95%. I just looked again and I'm pretty convinced that's Rocky Rapid and Sorrel River Ranch along the far part of The River there, which would put them above "White's Lake" (part of the Colorado River just above Red Cliff's Ranch -- aka "White's Ranch").

I ride with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly
    Looks to me like the dobies on the south side of Hwy 128 roundabout Red Cliffs Ranch.

Looks like the Blue Dot trail on Gold Bar Rim.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfly
    Edit: Make that 95%. I just looked again and I'm pretty convinced that's Rocky Rapid and Sorrel River Ranch along the far part of The River there, which would put them above "White's Lake" (part of the Colorado River just above Red Cliff's Ranch -- aka "White's Ranch").
    Thanks for that - looking at the red cliffs ranch web site the sceneray definitely looks very similiar

I've found the source for that picture - an article from Mountain Bike Action on riding around Moab - that make's no mention of where the pic was taken - so I'm guessing its a staged picture - rather than riders on a regular trail
    My out of date MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It definitely looks like the south side of 128 near Red Cliffs. There is no public trail that I know of there...but dont worry because almost every trail in Moab has views/terrain like that to offer.

By April all the lower trails should be dry (everything below UPS). Definitely check out:
    Amasa Back to Rockstacker to Jacksons single track
    UPS to LPS to Porcupine Rim (this is a shuttle)
    Baby Steps or Sovereign Trail
    Slick Rock trail if you haven't done it yet
    If you can find a local to show you around there a lot of other trails that won't be in books...

Call ACME shuttle or drop by a bike shop when you get in town!

Have fun!

banned
    If you like a super techy uphill ride I would get a local to show you Comfortably Dumb. If you clean it you will definitly feel like a gold medal winner.

After you get done with Moab check out Sedona, AZ. Just like Moab we have Red Rock and Great Views and tons of sigletrack right out your door.

We even have our own Notch now. It was kind of a copy cat spot to keep up with the LPS, but if you are going to compete with the best you have to have a trail system that stands up to the test.

The locals are also a lot more forth coming with the secret trail information. It is also easier to get to by air.

TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Name that trail (Moab Area)-img_3841_2.jpg  

Name that trail (Moab Area)-adrian.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images   

Members who have read this thread: 0