Mueller?mueller?mueller?- Mtbr.com
    stevelloydphoto.com
    May 2008

Mueller?mueller?mueller?

otter

Mueller?Mueller?Mueller?
    Mueller park has always been one of my favorite trails ever since my tires pressed into the lush, buff, singletrack years ago. I rode that trail a lot when I lived in north Salt Lake. This trail has more traffic than Quarry which sucks, but it is such a beautiful trail. Anyway Jeff campbell and I rode it the other day and If you want to see green lush buff singletrack this is the place.
    Here are a few pics. ( Just look out for all the beaters)!!

me

Jeff with a little flash action

[]
    Last edited by slloyd; 06-05-2008 at 04:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Btw, it's Mueller Park, not Muller
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

stevelloydphoto.com
    May 2008
    correction made. Thanks

mtbr member
    Love the Mueller. I grew up right below Bountiful blvd and I rode that thing all the time, mostly at night to avoid the traffic. One night I almost ran over a couple teenagers getting friendly on a blanket right in the middle of the trail.

Good times.

Chumley for prez!
    Man....great pictures! I can hardly believe that's utah....it has been an exceptionally wet/green spring. I haven't ridden mueller in a while, and I should probably get back out there. Do any of you know if there is a way to get onto that trail from SLC? I was thinking some of the trail networks up city creek might be able to meet up at the top of mueller park? Anyone got beta?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I've looked and never been able to find anything. I heard you can make it on deer trails but its a lot of work.

Let's build one!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    Man....great pictures! I can hardly believe that's utah....it has been an exceptionally wet/green spring. I haven't ridden mueller in a while, and I should probably get back out there. Do any of you know if there is a way to get onto that trail from SLC? I was thinking some of the trail networks up city creek might be able to meet up at the top of mueller park? Anyone got beta?
    Ya, heard the same as numchucks. You can ride to outa city creek on the shoreline, up to the radio towers (ensign peak?), down and across the southern bountiful bench - used to be pretty cool, but the houses are making the cool part shorter and shorter. Dumps you on the pavement, continue on over to North Canyon (or whatever the back way is to make the loop of Mueller) Ride up and over Mueller, and then back the way you came. Fair bit of pavement and dirt road...and a long ride to boot.

From the top (Ruby flats?) I guess you can bushwack the deer trails to the top of city creek...but it ain't much riding, from what i heard. Prolly not legal either, considering the wierd city creek biking rules. Would be cool.

Apr 2008
    I rode Mueller last saturday around 3pm and the traffic wasn't horrible, but still pretty bad. Only passed about 3 bikers though. Lush and green all the way up to elephant rock, beautiful!

Aug 2007
    So maybe this is a good place to go for a night ride? I haven't done that in years...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    In that fall I rode Mueller every Saturday at like 5am. It rocks when you can bomb down it with only having to deal with a few people.

Were you able to make it all the way to the top or just Elephant rock.

Apr 2008
    just elephant rock, but I could have made it to the top. I was just going for a quick ride cause I had a BBQ to get to a few hours later.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    nice park!
    mueller is a german name.
    müller or mueller without umlaut is a very common name in germany and is miller in english.
    do you know anything about the parks history?

Members who have read this thread: 0