MTBike Tourist Guide in Utah- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. MTBike Tourist Guide in Utah

Hello bikers...

Planning a mtbike trip to Utah next year with a bunch of friends. We are looking for a good, responsible and experienced mtbike tourist guide to take us to different trails in Utah...

Anybody can advice a website or company that offers these kind services with prices and info? Thanks for your help!
    2010 Santa Cruz Heckler
    2006 Specialized Allez Comp

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

www.utahmountainbiking.com

Best website for Utah rides. Don't know that you would need a guide unless you really felt like spending the money. Most trails are straight forward and the website is very good.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Wow, there are A LOT of shuttle companies and guide services in Utah. I have never used the guide services, but I have heard great things about http://www.mountainbikebuddies.com/

ucme4dk is right, though. It's easy to get around and find the trails, almost all the best riding is close to small towns with hotels and good restaurants, or in the case of Moab, hotels and mediocre restaurants. Camping is always an option as well.

If you give us an idea of where you are going, we can help you plan your rides.

JMH

mtbr member

New question here.

Begun the research last night. Don't have any idea where to stay or ride, just wanna go to Utah and ride. We are a group of 8 to 10 mbikers living in Puerto Rico. Once we pick a place to stay, which should be close to good trails, will work out the package with a local travel agent.

More info and advice will be welcome...

Thanks guys for your replies.
    2010 Santa Cruz Heckler

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by CiclismoDeMontePR
    Begun the research last night. Don't have any idea where to stay or ride, just wanna go to Utah and ride. We are a group of 8 to 10 mbikers living in Puerto Rico. Once we pick a place to stay, which should be close to good trails, will work out the package with a local travel agent.

More info and advice will be welcome...

Thanks guys for your replies.
    Never booked a trip with them but I've heard great things about Western Spirit, http://www.westernspirit.com/

If you are coming in the spring or fall I'd suggest doing a Fruita, CO, Moab, UT, and St George, UT trip, really easy to fill 3 great days of riding in each place. There is great riding all over the state but those 3 are by far my favorites for great riding and scenery in the area.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Team Sanchez
    Hey Ciclismo, make sure you come ride St. George, Utah. I'd be happy to show you and your group around at no cost. Always happy to show some fellow latinos around. What time of the year do you plan on coming? You can ride year round here, but June thru August are very hot months. Spring and fall make for better riding times.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

The plans are to be there for 10 days during july 08', no specific dates yet. What temperatures are we talking about here? Cause here in Puerto Rico we are used to very hot and humid trails.
    2010 Santa Cruz Heckler

I railed it like Kong
    July is going to be upper 100's. We have been at 114 several days this week. With almost no humidity so you'll be drinking water twice as much as normal. July is hot.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

The guy with 5 kids
    I did a trip coming from Western NC to St. George this past spring with a buddy. We had an incredible trip. Everything went perfectly. I did some research and we went with Mountain Bike Buddies. It is not the typical guide service. I think it is much better!! We got a great rate at a St. George hotel and had 3+ days of incredible riding and conversation with Mark Erickson, the owner of MBB. St. George ended up being a great base as well, great food, easy to get around and very nice people. We already planning our next trip through Mark for fall of 08' with a group of 6-8 people. Look him up on the Web, the guy is a gem of a guy, great stories, super personable, and very accommodating and has great knowledge of the trails.and very reasonable for both the service and good rental bikes as well.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0