mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Moving to the Logan area

Hello all

My family is moving from the Riverdale area to Smithfield this weekend. We sold our home and part of the deal was a new Pivot Switchblade for me, since the reason we are moving is the wife now has 3 horses and we need to have more property to stable them.

Given all the rain/snow this past week I was wondering which trails in the area would be good to go for riding? I am familar with how my local trails, BST, Snow Basin, etc... handle the rain and I avoid the muddy ones til they dry out (don't want to be that guy).

So any recommendations from local riders? I have been daydreaming about this bike all summer and now I can finally pick it up this weekend and the weather is crap

thanks

mtbr member
    If possible, you may want to head down to St George for a few days. But, even there, it'll be 3 or 4 days. It may be a while before the local trails dry out.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Antelope Island was dry last Sunday. We are riding there again this weekend, and dodging Bison also. Everything else will probably be a muddy mess. Have fun on your new Switchblade. I just got a new Ripmo and am loving it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Thanks for the replies so far guys, I was hoping any local Logan folks would chime in on the conditions of the trails in the immediate area. I guess I'll do it the old fashion way; go and see .

Otherwise I'll have to sneak down to the BST in Ogden which I know handles the rain well.