Mount Pleasant- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mount Pleasant

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

Mount Pleasant

I am considering a job in Mount Pleasant, Utah. It's quite preliminary, but I would like to get some lowdown on the area. I understand it is very small (~2,500 people) and it is about 100 miles south of Salt Lake City.

What can you tell me about the area? Good mtb and snowboarding? Is it totally Mormon? I realize it is small, but is it small and cool (like Driggs, ID), or small and dead?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Kapusta

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    TOTALLY Mo'

edit: which isn't to say that's a bad thing; I've got a bunch of Mo's I consider my friends; I could just see it being really hard to live in a community where you've got no one outside that faith to hang out with if you're not...

The Sentinel

A long way from everything!

Mount Pleasant is 90 miles from Salt Lake City. You'd travel some state highways down Spanish Fork Canyon to I-15 to get to SLC from there. The closest ski/snowboard resort would probably be Sundance, in Provo Canyon. And yes, it is totally Mormon there...but we're not bad people...we hardly bite at all!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Jul 2004

I live there!!

Well not really,. I actually live in Fairview which is 6 miles north of MP. I went to high school in MP. It is awesome here. There is Fairview Canyon which has miles of trails and lakes and the whole bit. Mount Pleasant has a canyon that has some awesome dirt jumps. I really love it hear. I moved from SLC to hear about 6 yrs ago and thought it would be hell. It turened out to be awesome. I would suggest it and yes it is EXTREMELY mormon. Im not. But I mean you really don't realize it. The people can be quite wierd to you though if they think your not religous or mormon for that matter. There is a prep school in MP that has students from all over the world there and most of them are proboly not mormon. Feel free to email if you have any questions. I can go into more detail.
    [email protected]

Later