Moose as a loop...- Mtbr.com
    Err
    Calm like a bomb

Moose as a loop...

Road up Alexander creek tonight, climbed to the top of Moose and bombed back down. Took us over 2 1/2 hours but was a really nice ride.
    The ride up Alexander creek is just kinda sit and spin in a straight line but is a heck of a workout.
    It was 8:45 when we left the rock where we normally armor up, had to bomb the run to beat the sinking sun.
    Scared up a couple of bull moose about 2 mins after dropping in.
    Got pretty darn close to them, really got the adrenalin pumping.
    Happened on a porcupine in the lower section.
    Rolled up to the pickup at 9:25 just in time to catch the last of the fading sun
    God I love 9:30 sunsets

Nothing new but I just got it back together for the summer. CCDB on the way just 'cause it needs some new bling-

Start of our ride

mtbr member
    Sounds about perfect. (But why can I not see your photos? I especially want to see the 'moosy log ride' pic)

I've looped Moose a few times. The last time was a few weeks ago. We parked at the Mountain Dell runout. Rode up the pavement to Emigration. Took Emigration trail up and forked off and dropped down to Aflek Park. Took Mormon up to Big Mountian. Took Mormon down to Mormon flat. Rode the dirt road over into Jeremy Ranch. Rode up Moose Hollow E. to the towers and then over to the Moose drop in. I think it was almost 5 hours...painfully slow on a 40+ lb. azonic steelhead w/ grippy 2.5's, but well worth it once we got to lower our seats.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by qtip; 06-19-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Dude, that sounds like quite a loop you did, I'm going to have to give that a try. We were also out on our big bikes last night, single ring up front, makes for a heck of a climb.

My photos are hosted at Photobucket.com. Are you viewing this from work? Your firewall might be blocking access to that site.

Members who have read this thread: 0