Moab UPS, LPS Status?- Mtbr.com
    Medicine Wheel Guy

Moab UPS, LPS Status?

Hi All,

Planning a trip for early May, and have heard a lot about UPS and LPS, but don't really know the details, like where they are, other than above Porcupine Rim. I have also heard that one or the other of these may be closed.

Can anyone send me to a page showing where the trails run, or direct me to a local who has the scoop?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    You can get most all the trail information from one of the many local shops or any of the shuttle services. UPS is the section that was closed last year by the Forest Service. I've heard rumors that it has been opened back up, but there are conflicting reports here on the Utah boards so make sure you check before riding.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Shuttled to LPS this weekend from Poisoin Spider shop. It takes you up a little higher than the typical start of Porucpine Rim, replaces a couple miles of climbing with a couple miles of descending. None of that section was closed. Met up with some riders who had shuttled higher yet, to the Kokopelli drop point and added even more descending, 4000' total IIRC.

Sep 2004
    Go to http://www.bikerag.com/index2.htm for the trail knowledge.

Last I heard UPS was closed and the closing was being enforced. Too bad, its a great trail.

Thread Terrorist
    THere are petitions now that can be signed to make UPS legal. Go to your local shop in Moab and inquire.

Members who have read this thread: 0