Moab trails/guide- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Moab trails/guide

A group of 10 or so of us M*******s are heading out to Moab in September. All experienced riders, good equipment. Does anyone have any tips or advice on a good trail guide? Do we need one? We have 5 days and would rather pay someone to show us around for a day or two rather than miss something. We want to mix it up, so freeride, singletrack, whatever. Any help would be appreciated. We had an offer of $800 to bring us up to Lasalle for a long downhill. Seemed a little high. Maybe a local who can ride, who wants to ride and doesn't mind making some money. We'll have transportation.

should know better.....
    You don't need a guide. (this from someone who has run a guiding service in Moab....)
    If you are capable riders, you'll get plenty of ride info just by doing research, here and in other places. If you don't know how to ride that type of terrain, or just want it to be a "no brainer, all I do is show up and have fun" or want the secret stashes, then you might like a guide.
    If you are self starters, you'll be fine. Plenty of easy to find epic rides.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaner
    A group of 10 or so of us M*******s are heading out to Moab in September. All experienced riders, good equipment. Does anyone have any tips or advice on a good trail guide? Do we need one? We have 5 days and would rather pay someone to show us around for a day or two rather than miss something. We want to mix it up, so freeride, singletrack, whatever. Any help would be appreciated. We had an offer of $800 to bring us up to Lasalle for a long downhill. Seemed a little high. Maybe a local who can ride, who wants to ride and doesn't mind making some money. We'll have transportation.
    kubaner:

I will guide you on ALL the best trails in Moab for $150 a day. Let me know when you are going to be there and we can set it up. I have lead the Red Bones guys around if you need any references.

TD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-03-2009 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Dam thats cheap Doc . Don't pass up this bargain kubaner.
    SHITBIRD

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Dam thats cheap Doc . Don't pass up this bargain kubaner.
    heli:

Hope you have finally recovered. I need a job bad so don't say anything negative about my guiding ability. Pretend like I am worth every penny. It will cost $500 in gas just to get there.
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-03-2009 at 11:08 PM.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neverwalk
    You don't need a guide. (this from someone who has run a guiding service in Moab....)
    If you are capable riders, you'll get plenty of ride info just by doing research, here and in other places. If you don't know how to ride that type of terrain, or just want it to be a "no brainer, all I do is show up and have fun" or want the secret stashes, then you might like a guide.
    If you are self starters, you'll be fine. Plenty of easy to find epic rides.
    walk:

Did you ever do the route I suggested?

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-03-2009 at 11:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Aaahhhh the wonder of drugs. What do you need a job for? your the Ambassador of Sedonuts Self-appointed = A$$ . I'll hire ya for are future trip in Oct.
    SHITBIRD

should know better.....
    TD,
    I haven't been out west this year. Guiding here this summer, but did get a week of VA, and NC riding. You must check out Carvins Cove if you are ever near Roanoke or Blacksburg, VA.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

should know better.....
    To the OP,
    I can vouch for Traildoc's guiding abilities as far as route choice and local knowledge. He helped a friend out, out of goodwill, so if you actually pay him, hold on tight!!
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Aaahhhh the wonder of drugs. What do you need a job for? your the Ambassador of Sedonuts Self-appointed = A$$ . I'll hire ya for are future trip in Oct.
    heli:

Glad to hear you recovered. When are you going to be in Moab? Maybe we can do a back to back tour and I can cut the daily cost to $139. I really need the money to do some maintenance work on the motorcasa.

The brake pads are down to the metal and Moab is 995 miles from where I am currently located. Do you know anything about replacing the spark plugs in a 6.8 Liter V10?

If you can talk the OP into hiring me I will show you a ride that one of the locals recently shared with me that will make riding Hangover look like a beginner trail. I promised him I wouldn't show it to anyone, but I need new brakes. Have you ever put new brakes on a
    F550 chassis?

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-04-2009 at 11:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Doc, will be in your AO (if your in sedona) to ride HO on saturday AM. I could swing by and take a looksy for ya. I will take that offer you put out. What the hell do you need a F550 for???? let me know, Later.

Come on OP, you can't find a better dedicated trail guide. HANDS DOWN.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    $150 is pretty cheap. A fishing guides gets $400 plus another $100 for each extra person. I'll put in your plugs doc but you've got to come to Flag. We can do your brakes too.

Shouldn't you be in Whistler?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sounds good TD. We'll be out there from Sept. 16 thru the 20th. So at least 3 full days of riding. I'm riding today in about an hour and should be out by 6:30 Moab time. Give me a call if you have the time. 978-804-8883. I'll be with most of the Moab guys too so it would be a good time to figure things out. Thanks to Heli and Neverwalk too for the help. Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    And we're not doing any fishing Rockman.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    $150 is pretty cheap. A fishing guides gets $400 plus another $100 for each extra person. I'll put in your plugs doc but you've got to come to Flag. We can do your brakes too.

Shouldn't you be in Whistler?
    Rocky:

WOW. It is sure nice to have friends who can help a fellow mountain biker out. I am in the Bay Area for a while and hope to get back to Whistler next year. The temps here are around 75 so life is good in the motor casa.

I think I will take up fishing. Sounds like I could make more money. I guess I should increase the fee to at least $400, thanks for the advice.

TD

banned
    Sounds good TD. We'll be out there from Sept. 16 thru the 20th. So at least 3 full days of riding. I'm riding today in about an hour and should be out by 6:30 Moab time. Give me a call if you have the time. 978-804-8883. I'll be with most of the Moab guys too so it would be a good time to figure things out. Thanks to Heli and Neverwalk too for the help. Mike
    Mike:

Sounds good I will call you.

TD

Traildoc Mountain Bike Trail Information Waiver of Liability

Rider ________________________________ Ride Date: 9/16/2010 to 9/20/2010

Rider Phone: ____- ____- _______ Ride Type: Extreme

Please return all waivers and incident reports to Traildoc at MTBR.com

While bicycling is an outstanding recreational sport, it also involves risk and even dangers. Some of these dangers are limited to: traveling on or crossing heavily traveled roads, steep descents, potholes, accidents, unexpected moves of another rider, physical exertion, fatigue, flat tires, and motorists. Ride terrain, pace and distance may vary from the written or verbal description. In addition to the above, mountain bike rides may involve steep descents on heavily rutted roads, trails, as well as rock and log hopping. Cactus, snakes or other wildlife may also prove to be a danger in UT.

I acknowledge that Traildoc encourages the wearing of helmets and other safety gear and agree to hold Traildoc harmless for any injury resulting from my failure to wear a helmet or other safety gear.

The undersigned acknowledges that the risks recited above, as well as numerous other dangers are inherent in recreational bicycling and the undersigned agrees to assume all risks associated with participation in riding Moab mountain bike trail loops. The undersigned further agrees to save and hold harmless Traildoc, itsí employees, ride leader, coordinators, members, and other riders from any and all liability for any injury or damage resulting from, or in any way connected with, participation in mountain bike loop information and ride activities.

I warrant that I am competent to ride safely and that my bicycle and equipment are in safe working condition. I agree to obey all traffic laws and to practice safety and courtesy when cycling. I hereby consent to and permit any emergency treatment in the event of injury or illness.

In the case of children under the age of 18, I hereby agree to the terms of the above waiver on behalf of my child (children). I agree to abide by federal, sate, and local helmet laws as they apply to my child (children). I agree that Traildoc, its officers, activity organizers, employees, ride leaders and other members have no obligation to provide instruction to, or supervision of my children.

I give Traildoc, agents and assigns, unlimited permission to use, publish and re-publish in any form of media, reproductions of my likeness, (photographs or video) with or without identification of me by name. I agree to not demand payment or any other compensation and agree to hold the above parties harmless of all liability arising from such use.

I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS WAIVER. I AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY IT.

Signature Print Name

1. ______________________________________ ___________________________________
    Emergency or Mobil Number (Circle One) Parent or Guardian Signature

____________________________ E or M ___________________________________
    Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-04-2009 at 02:57 PM.

should know better.....
    Good thing. That'll save you $100 per person.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

mtbr member
    And we're not doing any fishing Rockman.
    Dam and I just grabbed my pole to, oops wrong web site .
    SHITBIRD

Members who have read this thread: 0