Moab trail conditions for 2/17-2/21- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Moab trail conditions for 2/17-2/21

I'll be visiting this week from Denver and I'm looking to see what the conditions are for the following winter trails i've seen from the utah mtb website:
    Bartlett Wash.
    Gemini Bridges

Gold Bar Rim.

Hurrah Pass.

Klondike Bluffs.

Slickrock Trail

Porcupine rim

Any other suggestions? I do like technical rides and I am a glutton for climbs.

Thanks for your help guys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Rode a couple of laps on Slickrawk today (2/16). Other than the wind, it was a good ride. Rode a little bit of Pipe Dream, but turned back when it looked like it was going to get muddy.

I would skip Klondike Bluffs and do Sovereign instead. I am not a big fan of Bartlett Wash either.

mtbr member
    haven't been to Moab since June, but have ridden a few trails there. I doubt Porcupine is ridable this time of year. Sovereign is a pretty fun XC trail. I like Amasa back a lot but not sure if it is ridable right now. Slickrock is classic.

Sorry I can't comment on what is ridable, i'm sure others can, but amasa back is a really fun out and back with incredible views, fun drops, technical ledge climbs, and some danger factors as well. not sure what you want to ride.

The Amasa Back trail (ascends from the Colorado River just west of Moab, climbing up onto an outcropping of rock surrounded on three sides by the Colorado. The trail is a rocky Jeep trail with ledges and drop-offs, and is for advanced riders. As an out-and-back, the trip is 10 miles. Vertical climb is 1050 feet. The lower two miles of the trail is a tricky series of ledges and rock challenges. Clearing the multiple rock obstacles will test your skills on the way up and again on the way down.

On a 6" travel bike the ledges feel like a pillow line on the way down but really do make for a fun time on the way up. I normally don't LOVE climbing, but had a lot of fun on this one trying to make it further than anyone else on any given climb. Some seem impossible but aren't, others might be.

Members who have read this thread: 0