Moab Shuttles- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moab Shuttles

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Moab Shuttles

Anyone know of any shuttle services that would be running next week (July 26th-30th) that they would recommend in Moab that could go to the top of the whole enchilada and maybe mag 7? Last time we used Whole Enchilada for a few days and it was great, have a call into him to see what options there might be. Porcupine shuttle is closed until the 29th. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Coyote?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Coyote?
    Porcupine, Coyote, and Whole Enchilada are the major ones I've seen. Usually I'll stick with Whole Enchilada, then Porcupine, and if necessary I'll use Coyote as a last resort.

Keep on Rockin...
    Not sure who runs when, but during my visit I used Coyote. They were great. Also ,one day, Had to bail on a group reservation and they could have walked away with a ton of my cash. They filled my spots, let me know, and gave me a huge refund.

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    Uber?

My wife had this idea for a shuttle at Tahoe that isn't served by Over The Edge Sports. Leave the van at the top and call for a ride back to it when we hit the bottom of the ride.

They would have an issue with commercial use of USFS land but I doubt a one-off deal would matter.
    MTB blog for US West trails: http://jimprestonmtb.com. Trail analysis videos, bike and component reviews, other stuff.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for the replies! Voicemail left with Coyote as well. Hopefully Whole Enchilada or Coyote can shuttle next week.

Does Uber run in Moab? I assumed not. The backup plan is to get a rental car and park a vehicle at each end of the trail but I know the road to the top of the Whole Enchilada can be pretty rough...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    If you leave one car at the top, don't forget that you have to pay park entrance fee for both vehicles.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    No park entrance fees for leaving a vehicle at TWE or Mag 7 trailhead. Perhaps you're thinking of the White Rim?

No Uber in Moab.

Shuttles this time of year can be spotty, especially mid-week. Porcupine requires at least four passengers to run, not sure about Coyote or Whole Enchilada. You can get a 2wd vehicle to Geyser Pass (TWE trailhead) no problem, it's just a tad washboardy. Might have a hard time getting a shuttle to Mag 7 this time of year. I'd consider self-shuttling and getting a really early start for that one.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Due to schedule issues, a couple of us are having to hit Moab in early September. You guys see an issue with getting a shuttle to Burro on September 2nd? I didn't even think about the shuttles not running in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just a follow up to let you all know that we were able to get a shuttle from Coyote to do the whole enchilada trail while we were out there. The whole enchilada shuttle was also dropping people off at the top as well so it looks like they are running. A bit warm but a great ride!