Moab peeps....whats rideable 3/27/9???- Mtbr.com
    Towlie for prez
    Sep 2005

Moab peeps....whats rideable 3/27/9???

Heading over from durango tomorrow.Was curious as to what the latest storm shut down.Is porc rim a no go?...how bout amassa,poison spider,etc.....
    Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    All the lower stuff is great. I have not been up to the LaSals and after yesterday I would think that everything before Hazard and up will be mud and snow, but again... haven't been up that high.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

mtbr member

snow

Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    All the lower stuff is great. I have not been up to the LaSals and after yesterday I would think that everything before Hazard and up will be mud and snow, but again... haven't been up that high.
    So does that mean that above Haz was starting to look OK before the storm? Going out in about 4 weeks and would be stoked if Burro was ready.

Also any UPS updates? Are they close to letting us back on now that they have protected the eagles and pottery what nots?
    The best trails are STILL...

www.breckepic.com
    http://mavsports.com/

kAZ
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    Also any UPS updates? Are they close to letting us back on now that they have protected the eagles and pottery what nots?
    The guy arranging our shuttle with Coyote for mid-May got word today that the re-routed UPS is open as of like yesterday or today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    So does that mean that above Haz was starting to look OK before the storm? Going out in about 4 weeks and would be stoked if Burro was ready.

Still "looks" snowed in, but I haven't been up there in awhile. And predicting the weather, especially 4 weeks out is... well......

Gotta call in with the BLM about UPS..... Hope to hear soon. **UPDATE** UPS is open.
    Last edited by crager34; 03-31-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Did UPS/LPS/PORC today....unreal.
    Lot's of new work, re-routes, etc. Totally legal and open, and in fantastic shape. A bit o' mud on the climb to Koko, but not bad...pretty much dry from Koko down. Needs tires on it!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Did UPS/LPS/PORC today....unreal.
    Lot's of new work, re-routes, etc. Totally legal and open, and in fantastic shape. A bit o' mud on the climb to Koko, but not bad...pretty much dry from Koko down. Needs tires on it!
    Very cool to know it's open, I am heading down their the week after ejs for a vacation/family reunion, and was hoping I could ride it.

Whats the best shuttle service these days I rode hazard county - koko - lower - porcupine rim last fall with my brothers and we took coyote shuttle, but we had a drop vehicle at the bottom. On this trip I will need to ride back to town, and would prefer a shuttle that picks up closer to the north end of town, and one that leaves "VERY" early the earlier the better.

My wife does not bike, and tends to sleep in late and take a long time to get ready so I have been planning on wakening up early arriving at trail heads at the crack of dawn to go ride for a couple of hours each day and be back when she is ready for the day.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    We always use the guy that picks up from Poison Spider Bikes. He technically does not work for Poison but you can call them to get his info. He is a good guy and has a nicer vehicle than the other service you mentioned.

mtbr member

Rainfall Amounts?

How the weather out there? Headed out for Sunday Monday. Hoping to do UPS on Monday!
    You guys getting significant rain/snow. Here in Vail we got 14" and still falling since 7am this morning!

Members who have read this thread: 0