Moab - Oct. 14th weekend with a boatload of gals- Mtbr.com
    Just roll it......

Moab - Oct. 14th weekend with a boatload of gals

Yo,

Anyone gonna be in Moab the weekend of the 14th?

I'm being dragged to Moab to wrench for my gal and her group of ladies that are doing the 24 hour race.......ahhh damn! Well, anyway, I'll at least have one or two days that I can escape for a ride and was wondering if anyone wants to tear it up with me?

My schedule is still pretty tentative at this point, but I'll be up for some of the Moab goods when I'm not working on their bikes. I plan to bring the big bike with me, but that doesn't preclude me from doing any rides as I can climb on it fine. I'll probably break away for a little Amasa/Jacksons loop, but I'm gonna ride Porc Rim that Friday with the gals who aren't that psyched about pre-riding the course.

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    eb, Some friends and I are leaving from PA tomorrow morning and making the trip out to Moab for 10 or 12 days for some riding. Not sure which days we are riding where, but what day are you planning on arriving?
    .....but good luck with that.

Just roll it......

Arriving on the 13th.

Hey Mack,

Are you guys doing the race?

Here's my (very) tentative schedule.....

13th - Getting to Moab early afternoon. Might do a slickrock loop that afternoon.
    14th - Porc Rim shuttles with 7 gals (www.seattlelunachix.com)
    15th - the race starts at noon, but I'll have the bikes prepped for the first lap so that gives me the morning and early afternoon
    16th - race gets over at noon, but I'll be free after that
    17th - head home

PM me with your contact info. and we'll chat. I'm trying to talk Singletrack (a front ranger) to join me for a ride that weekend.
    Cheers,
    EB

Wzl
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey eb,

You the same group of lunachix we ran into in Moab back in April? We saw you on Porc and then again the next day at at Sovereign. That was a rather wierd experiece - flying neck and neck down Porc next to some really fast girl going full tilt on a GF Cake and me on my Bruja with bright pink "hottie" socks on. What a trip.

Interestingly, I will be there again same weekend with my same group. Plans are still tentative though as to when we'll get in.

Just roll it......

Xtr

I was there at the exact same time in April and saw the same group of Luna gals, but no, this is a different group of Luna gals (they have regional teams). The gals we'll have with us though are all pretty skilled on the bikes and shouldn't have any probs with the Moab terrain, but I just have to make sure not to push them too hard before their race.

Here's my tentative schedule for next weekend. Maybe I'll see ya!

Thurs - arrive around 1 and do a quick loop on the SL trail in late afternoon
    Friday - Lead the girls on porc rim (still gotta call Jesse to arrange a shuttle up high)
    Saturday - I'm gonna hit Amasa and might try to hook up with a couple of others, but I can't be gone all day as I'll need to get back to work on the gals bikes.
    Sunday - Race ends at noon. Afternoon ride (maybe soverign and Bartlett wash)....may pull some gals out with me on this, but it depends what type of shape they're in.
    Monday - depart for SLC and fly home

Cheers,
    EB

Wzl
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Sounds like we wont cross paths this time as we plan many of the same rides but on different days.

Members who have read this thread: 0