Moab Motel's with a large parking lot???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Moab Motel's with a large parking lot???

Making a trip to Crested Butte in early September for some dirt biking and will also be spending a few days in Moab to mtb. We'll have a loaded down F250 with a large trailer so we need a motel with a large and secure parking lot. Any suggestions? Also, is there any place that has cabins or larger rooms since they'll be 4 of us? The truck will stay parked and we'll just use the mtb's to get around. Thanks!

Kevin

mtbr member
    Most of Moab's hotels/motels have trailer parking (remember, this is Jeep heaven also)...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Most of Moab's hotels/motels have trailer parking (remember, this is Jeep heaven also)...
    Yep, I was really tempted to bring my Jeep too. Too many hobbies and not enough time!

Any suggestions on my other concerns? Thanks,

Kevin

mtbr member
    There are some campgrounds right in town that maybe able to accomodate you (they have cabins). Unfortunately, I have not stayed in the campground cabins because the cabins are mostly not pet friendly. However, we've stayed here and it was a great stay. Some of the cabins are a bit further South of town however (but not too far)...
    http://www.morris-last-resort.com/index.html

mtbr member
    The Portal RV and camp ground, just North of town. Even has a ole' swimming hole.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Pick ups and trailers are not usually a problem for any Moab hotel, If it is really big the Motel 6 has a truck lot that accommodates 18 wheelers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    There are some campgrounds right in town that maybe able to accomodate you (they have cabins). Unfortunately, I have not stayed in the campground cabins because the cabins are mostly not pet friendly. However, we've stayed here and it was a great stay. Some of the cabins are a bit further South of town however (but not too far)...
    http://www.morris-last-resort.com/index.html
    Thanks, this looks good! We can leave the trailer if needed and shuttle with the truck. I just didn't want to leave the bikes unattended for too long. Doesn't look like they'll get messed with here.

Kevin

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Be careful of the campgrounds in Moab. Most of them are within 100 yards of the highway and they pack people in like sardines. You probably won't get much sleep unless the sound of 30 people snoring and the blast of semi trucks rumbling down the highway is something you enjoy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you want a cheeseball RV park the best by far is Slickrock Campground on the north side of town. I have stayed there many many times and been happy if not staying on BLM land. Plenty of parking as well and they have cabins. Well shaded, away from the road, plenty of room for a trailer even next to your cabin/in the part, decent facilities, pool/hottub, lots of MTBers too surprisingly... When you book the motel if you go that way ask. The only I can think of is maybe the Super 8 has a smaller parking lot off the top of my head.. I can't think of any others that would have issues...

Members who have read this thread: 0