Moab March 1-16- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moab March 1-16

Now broadcasting from CO

Good job! Moab March 1-16

I will be in Moab starting next week working with Colin Maher on some trail projects. I'm also looking to do a lot of riding. What is the weather looking like now? I need to know what to pack.

Thanks
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PAmtbiker
    What is the weather looking like now?
    I'll be down there with my roadie friends March 2nd thru March 6th and am packing for between 50ºF and 65ºF. Of course, I'm a Loganite from up near the Idaho border so this means just arm warmers, toe jammers, a training cap, and a light jacket, no tights. Less weather-immune individuals from warmer climates will want to wear more. Be expecting a little precip too.

I haven't as yet decided whether to bring hiking gear or mountain biking gear along as well.

Bri

Now broadcasting from CO

50-65???

That's kinda warm, I've been riding in the 40's and mid 30's w/ nothing but leg and arm warmers with an insulating layer under my jersey.
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Smile

50-65ºF seems warm to me as well but the girls in Salt Lake are always amazed when I show up for a ride wearing shorts. It might be wise to pack for 40-45ºF if conditions drop back below normal. Commuting weather here in Logan is still about 20ºF in the mornings and I don't very often get out on anything but xc skis and snowshoes when it's below freezing. I'm just not up to the wind chill created by riding at 15-20 mph in such conditions.

Members who have read this thread: 0