Moab long ride recommendation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Moab long ride recommendation

Any recommendations for a longer ride in Moab? I've done most of the usual short rides and med. rides around town. Was thinking about riding up gemini then coming down the mag 7.

Really good ride from town I did a while back was out to Chicken Corners via Hurrah pass, then back up Jacob's ladder and down Jackson's.

If anyone wants to join, I'm down. I live in town. I ride pretty conservative due to knee surgery in june, so I won't be doing anything crazy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I think your idea of riding up Gemini and down mag 7 is a good idea. I've done that. You can also link it up with Little Canyon Rim. Ideally a shuttle would be great. I've got some mag 7 ride reports below. Also, a ride that I'd like to do is a shuttle starting at the top of Mag 7 (Bull Canyon), ride all of Mag 7, go up Gold Bar Rim and finally link up to the portal trail.

Magnificent 7 Moab
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Porcupine Rim

Porcupine Rim is a longer ride and so epic. You can shuttle to the top and have an awesome downhill to enjoy. It takes a couple of hours to complete. Check out Porcupine sometime. North of town, there is also the bar M trails that are fun. You could get some good mileage out there. Have fun.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemtnbiking View Post
    I think your idea of riding up Gemini and down mag 7 is a good idea. I've done that. You can also link it up with Little Canyon Rim. Ideally a shuttle would be great. I've got some mag 7 ride reports below. Also, a ride that I'd like to do is a shuttle starting at the top of Mag 7 (Bull Canyon), ride all of Mag 7, go up Gold Bar Rim and finally link up to the portal trail.

Magnificent 7 Moab
    Goldbar is part of the mag7. Plenty of info on that recently. Almost every ride around here is long. Even the brand trails have 20 something miles. Kinda gotta ride in circles but is possible.

Pritchett > behind the rocks is a haul. Might be my least favorite due to all the freaking sand, but it's long.

Sovereign. An be ridden north over to cedar mountain and then back. Can incorporate salt wash ST too for a little variety. That ride would be at least 20 miles with opportunity to make it much longer.

Lesser know but one I like is pipe dream>hidden valley hike a bike> hidden valley> Moab rim> overlook> Down Moab rim to Kane creek rd back to pipe dream.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.587680,-109.565550