Moab Lasal trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Moab Lasal trails?

Heading out to Moab at the end of the week.

Anyone care to share any info on some of the trails in the Lasal area? I've heard there's good stuff up there, but yet to find any maps, etc.

I'll ride the usual UPS shuttle and amasa/jacksons, portal, but am looking for something new.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get back to the land of red dirt.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I rode a loop about 10 years ago which began and ended at Oowah Lake. I know the FS re-routed part of the trail but I believe you can still do it.
    You ride across the dam at Oowah to Geyser Pass Road. This portion of the ride is singletrack and is a few miles.
    Once you get to the road you ride up the road a few miles until you get to the pass. Once you get to Geyser Pass you ride the Moonlight Meadows trail back to Oowah Lake. I know there is a fork on Moonlight Meadows, you need to take the fork that goes past Clark Lake to Oowah.
    There is good camping at Oowah Lake if you need a spot.

I know there are other trails but that's the only one I've ridden in the La Sals.

mtbr member
    If you're on the shuttle anyway, have them take you to Hazard County or to Burro Down and get way up into the La Sals! There's a Moonlight Meadows loop, also...all shops likely have the map if you don't know where it is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Good idea, Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0