moab guide- Mtbr.com

Thread: moab guide

mtbr member

moab guide

hi all. i am planning a solo trip to moab in april. i dont really want to ride alone but also dont want to sign up for group tours. anyone know someone that does 1:1 guiding/riding? prefer someone/something low key - i will have all my own gear and transportation and am a solid intermediate/advanced rider in decent shape.

Desert Seeker
    When in April? I am here through the 23rd give or take. Mid-40s, decent shape and fairly advanced. I'd be into the company. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss.

mtbr member
    anyone, anyone?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    That time of the year the trails will have a decent number of other riders around the place so I wouldn't to to worried about riding Solo if it comes down to it. I actually greatly enjoy Moab trails in Solo mode as it is rare I get to do it.

You could also start with a Porcupine Shuttle and see who you meet on the drive up.

mtbr member
    cool. thats probably what i will end up doing but i wouldnt be against hiring someone for a day or three.
    cheers

mtbr member
    I was there solo last time I went. I met two guys at Slickrock trailhead my first day and spent the rest of the time riding with them. I'm sure you will be able to meet up with some other riders out there.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcat
    hi all. i am planning a solo trip to moab in april. i dont really want to ride alone but also dont want to sign up for group tours. anyone know someone that does 1:1 guiding/riding? prefer someone/something low key - i will have all my own gear and transportation and am a solid intermediate/advanced rider in decent shape.
    Give these guys a call:

http://www.escapeadventures.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I had a great experience with Mike at treks N trails. Check ut www.moabbiketours.com.

Great guide, good conversations, sick riding, anything from basic family rides to all day DH/FR epics (which is what I did with them). They have tons of local knowledge about trails and local lore/history. And they have medical training and gear with them. They took good care of me and I had a great time.

Members who have read this thread: 0