Moab/Fruita hotels and bike shop recommendations?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Moab/Fruita hotels and bike shop recommendations?

My Buddy and I just got our airline tickets and now for the rest of the planning.

We are flying into Denver on Tuesday May 16th and then Driving to Fruita. We should get to Fruita at around 1pm in time for our first ride. We will then spend Wednesday in Fruita and then move on to Moab for 3 days, and then Saturday night head back to Fruita and get our last ride in Fruita on Sunday before heading back to Denver for our 8pm flight.

We are planning on shipping our bikes ahead. Can anyone recommend a good bike shop in or around Fruita where we can ship our bikes in and out of?

We will be spending our first and last night in Fruita and the middle 3 nights in Moab. Since we are cheap and there are no woman involved we are looking for relatively inexpensive lodging. We would prefer a place where we can make our own breakfasts. Ideally the places wouldn't be too much of a dive. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    TEX

locked - time out
    Try over the Edge sport in Fruita. Its the epicenter to the mtn biking community. As far as hotels in fruita there is like a la quinta and a comfort inn. (if memory serves)

In moab try Chili pepper cycles or pioson spyder for bike shops. As far as motels The only place I have stayed at is The Red cliff lodge near castle valley. Otherwise I camp at Sand flats. Very convienient to Slickrock trail and Porcupine.

Hope this helps.

Pedal Bike
    Nov 2005

Moab Hotel...

Just stayed at the "Virginian" in Moab. Very clean, has kitchenettes in all rooms, centrally located behind Moab Diner & bike allowed in room. $49 per night .
    Good stuff!

Singletrack Slacker
    In Fruita try Balanced Rock motel, about $45 a night and Over the Edge. In Moab all the shops are fairly equal and supportive of each other, my personal favorite is Chili Peppers.
    Check out the cabins at Moab Valley RV, $50 a night, sleeps 3-4, pool,hot tub, showers, bike wash, for the money it can't be beat. I have stayed at both of these the last 3 years when I go out from Chicago. They will be losing my buisiness however because my wife and I have just bought a house in Fruita and will be moving there in July.

Members who have read this thread: 0