moab and fruita- Mtbr.com

Thread: moab and fruita

mtbr member

moab and fruita

will have 6 or 7 days to ride both fruita and moab, any suggestions on how much time to spend at each place? what are the absolute must rides and which of the shorter trails can be combined to make a good full day?

endorphin addict
    Aug 2007
    Depends what type of riding you like most. For sweet singletrack it's fruita, or technical and slickrock moab. Plan to ride the bookcliffs area at fruita for at least a day or two, then over from the kokopelli TH west of town for a day. Porcupine Rim and Bartlett's wash are a couple good bets at Moab amoung others.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

book cliff????? 2 days??????

Last time I was in fruita, no one was reccomending the book cliff area that much anymore, the lunch loop area is much better with incredible freeride dh stuff, techy stuff, holy cross. Moab is better for scenery with the exception of the kop system in fruita

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamel666
    Last time I was in fruita, no one was reccomending the book cliff area that much anymore, the lunch loop area is much better
    Sounds like you talked to some real experts!

How you can say one is better than the other I don't know, they are completely different. 18rd may not be Mountain Dew extreme, but I'd say its pretty remarkable and unique. If you don't enjoy riding Kessel Run or Zippety I'd suggest therapy. Two days up there is plenty in a trip, one day for all the loops and one day for the Edge loop if you're into that sort of thing (long, steep dirt road climb to nice, albeit short descent, big miles and scenery though).

Lunch Loops are awesome too though, for sure. Best tech riding in the Valley.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Sounds like you talked to some real experts!

How you can say one is better than the other I don't know, they are completely different. 18rd may not be Mountain Dew extreme, but I'd say its pretty remarkable and unique. If you don't enjoy riding Kessel Run or Zippety I'd suggest therapy. Two days up there is plenty in a trip, one day for all the loops and one day for the Edge loop if you're into that sort of thing (long, steep dirt road climb to nice, albeit short descent, big miles and scenery though).

Lunch Loops are awesome too though, for sure. Best tech riding in the Valley.
    +1 bonus of being able to just camp, ride, eat, and drink beer without having to drive is a biggie in my book as well.
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Members who have read this thread: 0